Page 538 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 384384885285365375385395405485886381038 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 538

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I dealt with enough guilt trips and manipulation as a kid, thanks to Mom. I sure as hell wasn't signing on for that in a relationship.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    To be honest, I've been the manipulative one in the past. I don't know if it counts for anything, but I was really not in my right mind at the time (depression, anxiety). I was always trying to get better, but sometimes you fuck up and relationships suffer as a result. I do wonder sometimes how my relationship with my ex would've differed if I was more like I am now. I think we probably would not have even dated (he was perfectly respectful and everything, but not really interested in commitment). I don't regret those experiences. I'm sure my relationship with Boyfriend would not be as it is now without having made all those mistakes, so I'm grateful.

Boyfriend identified some of my behavior as passive aggressive early on. I've gotten better. He's gotten better. Sometimes, we're not clear about how we're feeling and assume the other knows things without being told. Our arguments usually end light-hearted, with both of us saying, "Wait, this again? Okay, what did we not communicate to each other that ended up with us getting ridiculously pissed off?"
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had a passive aggressive ex (you've seen him mention before as "Asshole.") When I would ask what had gone wrong, he'd reply with "you know what you did." Um, no?! If I knew what I had done, I wouldn't fucking be asking. When I refused to be bent and manipulated into his idea of a perfect woman, he dumped me for being "too high maintenance."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    There are those that are deliberately out to manipulate someone else, but I have to wonder how many manipulative relationships are because it seems like people are encouraged to be self-centered. If you really believe you are the most important person there is, then why should you put someone else's fun before your own?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    There are those that are deliberately out to manipulate someone else, but I have to wonder how many manipulative relationships are because it seems like people are encouraged to be self-centered. If you really believe you are the most important person there is, then why should you put someone else's fun before your own?
    True, but there is a difference between "This is what I like. This is what we are going to do. Like it or f' off" and "I wont tell you what I want to do. I will just make your life miserable until you do it. If you don't do it I will guilt you and cry and make you feel like shit. Awww don't you love me?" It is why tears are the Godwin's law of my relationships. The second you cry (unless you are physically hurt or someone died) you have lost whatever discussion etc we are having. I no longer give two shits what you have to say.

My current wife and I have never had a fight not in 6 years. Of course, I probably just jinxed myself. *sighs*
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Never had a fight . . . that you know of.

(kidding, of course)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Never had a fight . . . that you know of.

(kidding, of course)
    lol. Hey, what I don't know can't hurt me
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Ew yeah, okay, I was not manipulative like you guys have described. I mean, I'm sure plenty of people don't mean to be, so I can't really say, "I didn't mean to be." I just didn't know how to express myself or my needs so I threw around a lot of blame and anger from time to time. I was also anxious as all get out and couldn't really trust anyone, no matter how much I wanted to.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Ew yeah, okay, I was not manipulative like you guys have described. I mean, I'm sure plenty of people don't mean to be, so I can't really say, "I didn't mean to be." I just didn't know how to express myself or my needs so I threw around a lot of blame and anger from time to time. I was also anxious as all get out and couldn't really trust anyone, no matter how much I wanted to.

Oh, that is called 'being young' Sadly you get over it.

On a separate note...

Food today was -

An apple for breaking of the fast.

Lunch was a steak with some various greens

Dinner is looking to be boneless buffalo 'wings' (some breast pieces since I have to use them up) with celery and blue cheese dressing and such.