Page 537 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 374374875275355365375385395475876371037 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 537

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Geo - still giggling hard.

Back when I was in high shool, we had tshirts that read "NERK AHIA". Bet you know where I graduated...
    You crazy mid westerners. I wonder who West Virginia makes fun of.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You crazy mid westerners. I wonder who West Virginia makes fun of.
    Probably Poland. Although I don't really know for sure; but that IS an interesting question. So who does Arizona dump on?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I think it is pretty straight forward. Don't be a dick to you spouse. Don't expect them to work/clean if you wont. That said, what works for my wife and me is that every day in every decision we base it on 'will it make the other person happy' Before I do anything I consider if doing it will make her happy/happier. If not I don't do it. She does the same.
    Ah, there you go making all the women fall in love with you again.

Probably Poland. Although I don't really know for sure; but that IS an interesting question. So who does Arizona dump on?
    Californians mostly. Yeah, Poland seems to get a bad rap, which is sad as I have never met a dumb Polish person.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ah, there you go making all the women fall in love with you again.
    Thanks, but it just seems obvious to me. I'm not sure why all men don't do it. Why marry someone if you do not want to make them happy?

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Geo - still giggling hard.

Back when I was in high shool, we had tshirts that read "NERK AHIA". Bet you know where I graduated...
    You guys are making me homesick! Too funny.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Texas pretty much just dumps on everyone else, but especially Okies and New Mexicans.
    I've never seen the use in doing something that you know will not make the other happy. If it WILL cause marital strife, why do it? Why not do [something to prevent the strife?] It's communication. "Hey dear, the guys wanna hang out tonight. Do I need to bow out?" "Hey dear, [IT Guy] want to come over, is that kosher?" all the way down to little stuff, like "This sauce is missing something, what do you think?" If I wanna fight, I'll pop in a video game. If one's irritated the other, we hash it out as close to immediately as possible (after the offended party cools down and we're in private again.) If it's something big, like when I couldn't make my share of the bill payments while unemployed, we let the other know and tackle it together. I hate using Christian metaphors, but it really is the "equally yoked" lesson. You're in it together. You can either communicate and both pull in the same direction, or pull in opposite directions and get the whip laid over you.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Texas pretty much just dumps on everyone else, but especially Okies and New Mexicans.
    I've never seen the use in doing something that you know will not make the other happy. If it WILL cause marital strife, why do it? Why not do [something to prevent the strife?] It's communication. "Hey dear, the guys wanna hang out tonight. Do I need to bow out?" "Hey dear, [IT Guy] want to come over, is that kosher?" all the way down to little stuff, like "This sauce is missing something, what do you think?" If I wanna fight, I'll pop in a video game. If one's irritated the other, we hash it out as close to immediately as possible (after the offended party cools down and we're in private again.) If it's something big, like when I couldn't make my share of the bill payments while unemployed, we let the other know and tackle it together. I hate using Christian metaphors, but it really is the "equally yoked" lesson. You're in it together. You can either communicate and both pull in the same direction, or pull in opposite directions and get the whip laid over you.
    Excellent points. Of course, it does go both way. Taking your guys want to hang out example - I knew with my ex that any time anyone wanted to hang out the answer was no. It was her way of controlling me. "Oh, sure you can go. I guess I will just sit here bored and alone..." Of course, if you do go you hear shit about it for the next month. If you don't go it perpetuates the cycle.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Well, yeah. That's the reason most of my relationships lasted at most a month. If you aren't willing to play ball, I'm leaving the game. The 3 that lasted the longest were with sane males that realized a relationship is a partnership. (Well, the 2nd warped that, but that was a mistake I made and got out of.) I had a few try to guilt trip me on shit like that and they didn't last long when they'd hold a grudge.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I had a few try to guilt trip me on shit like that and they didn't last long when they'd hold a grudge.
    Good for you. We have a 'no manipulation, no guilt' agreement which is working for us too.