Page 532 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 324324825225305315325335345425826321032 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 532

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I wanted a snake or tarantula and got shot down. Geek's squeamish abt spiders (you should here the yelp and flurry of vengeance when he finds one in the house.) Apparently snakes are a nonstarter as well. Then again. I was the one to shoot down fish ( I would live in perpetual fear of an aqaurium failure related flood.) We agreed on the mutt(s) and potential offspring.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Wait, hang on, so you didn't tell the wife to say that was the name you were using? What's going on?! Sheer anarchy, I tell you!

(It is a good name.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It's one of the things I like about them - little guys that act tough but are really cuddly little suckers.
    Sounds like my kind of snake. My friend with the Python was bitten several times. He eventually gave him to another giant snake enthusiast.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Tristan's bff has a pet tarantula and we have a friend with a pet snake. I think I like 4 legged beasts the best. One of my uncles kept a snake pit in the wall in his house and when I saw that at 8 years old, I freaked out. Would never allow a snake or bird in my house ever. I would be ok with a tarantula though.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sounds like my kind of snake. My friend with the Python was bitten several times. He eventually gave him to another giant snake enthusiast.
    Ah, I do not have the space or enthusiasm for a giant snake. I honestly wonder how ethical it is to sell the larger snakes in pet stores. Not that people who do the necessary preparation should be denied them, but I've seen 10 year olds walking out of stores with small reticulated pythons. I wonder if their mom knows that little snake could grow to be 20 feet. I am guessing not based on the number dumped in the Everglades.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Would never allow a snake or bird in my house ever. I would be ok with a tarantula though.
    That's too bad. Snakes can be great pets. They don't bark, they don't need a litter box, they don't mark your furniture or need walks. They are cheap to feed. They are relatively cheap to house. They can also be very friendly. My old snake used to sit in my hand and watch TV.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    What is the lifespan of your new snake?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    What is the lifespan of your new snake?
    15 years or so on average.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    We handled him for about 15-20 minutes in the store. He was very friendly, calm, and inquisitive. From what I have read/experienced hognoses in general tend to be pretty docile. They are big on show as their two main defense mechinisms are puffing out their heads and hissing to look like a rattlesnake and if that doesn't work playing dead. Even when they 'bite' they mainly fake it and just smack you with their nose. It's one of the things I like about them - little guys that act tough but are really cuddly little suckers.

I like the name too, sadly I can't take credit for it
    Ohhhh myyyy *ssssqqqqqqqqquuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
    A wittle hognoses!

I LOVE them!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i am typically girly horrified by poisonous snakes but find nonpoisonous snakes to be delightfully adorable

i saw a baby (corn snake iirc) snake at a pet store a few months back, and communed for a minute. he split his whole head in half making a yawn motion and i was all a-squee

he was expensive tho. so he didn't come home with me.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!