Page 530 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 304304805205285295305315325405806301030 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 530

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    So are you going to keep mice to feed him, or get pre-frozen? I think the feeding process is the only thing that keeps me from ever getting snakes. I don't want crickets or grasshoppers getting loose, meal worms give me the heebie-jeebies, and I don't think I could manage keeping mice just to feed the snake.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    So are you going to keep mice to feed him, or get pre-frozen? I think the feeding process is the only thing that keeps me from ever getting snakes. I don't want crickets or grasshoppers getting loose, meal worms give me the heebie-jeebies, and I don't think I could manage keeping mice just to feed the snake.
    My last snake wouldn't eat frozen/thawed but we'll try the new one on them. Otherwise I'll just pick up a live mouse once a week; he's on hopper size right now so they are small. I am not going to keep them in the house - just pick one up as needed. I didn't have a big issue with crickets escaping before as I kept them in a large container (too tall for them to jump out of). That said, I am not missing the chirping in the house.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Oh, I didn't realize they ate so little. That's not so bad. Mice don't bother me, but I guess I'm not 100% okay with the circle of life right in my face (raising the meecies to get eaten, though I could probably watch a snake eat with interest).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize they ate so little. That's not so bad. Mice don't bother me, but I guess I'm not 100% okay with the circle of life right in my face (raising the meecies to get eaten, though I could probably watch a snake eat with interest).
    If you had several snakes I can see why you might raise your own (or if you just happen to like rodents). Personally, I find it easier to get them as needed. At most you would probably feed twice a week, though it is probably dependent on the size of the meal and the type of snake. I've read everything from twice a week to once every 10 days.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Day 2 of super clean eating to get rid of the weekend's debauchery. Back on my apple kick, which is good. I think dinner will involve fish of one sort or another. I also need to clean the house a bit and buy the things I need to set up the snake enclosure before picking him up this weekend.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Actually, watching a snake eat is awesome. I've seen it on film and live- way cool either way.

There's a drawback to breeding mice for one snake. I have friends who's ball python was eating great! Very regular! They got the mice set up and knocked up . . . and Anubis decided it was time to shed.

Good luck with the snake!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Good luck with the snake!
    Thanks

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    congrats on the recent addition to your family!

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    congrats on the recent addition to your family!
    Thanks Nice to see you around.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    You might see me around more. I'm still unemployed and it's really getting me down.
    But it's good to be back. I've missed you guys.