Page 525 of 1094 FirstFirst ... 254254755155235245255265275355756251025 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 10932

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 525

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Clint honestly believes that the only people who need to go for higher ed are those that want to be teachers, doctors, lawyers or engineers. He says there is no need for higher ed for anyone else. For example, you can learn all about philosophy on your own(which in that regard, I do agree with him). However, with Tristan, she is going to need a specialized degree due to wanting to be a vet. He believes for every other career, on the job training is all you need. I see his point. Especially when you look at all the people who have degrees and don't use them.
    Well, you can learn a lot from self-study assuming one has the skills to do so. I found college useful for honing critical thinking, working on writing/research, and being exposed to different sources/views. The piece of paper itself is of less importance (to me). That said, there are (as you noted) careers which are next to impossible to enter without said piece of paper.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ohh... that's not REALLY Florida. That's Lower Alabama or Lower Georgia.
    No, it really is FL. Unlike Northern Cuba/Southern New York where the rest of y'all live.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Merry Christmas yo.
    back at you senor

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    No, it really is FL. Unlike (Eastern Mexico)Northern Cuba/Southern New York where the rest of y'all live.

AHahhahaha.... touche!
    Truth!

I like it down here with the more diverse ethnic population though.
    The cabrito is fine... as is the Cuban roast pork and espresso... and the Floridian upstate Italians... geez, I MARRIED one!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Be safe on vacay!! Hopefully the weather is nice and not too cool for FL. I myself am looking for a state that is getting snow and wanting to move.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    AHahhahaha.... touche!
    Truth!

I like it down here with the more diverse ethnic population though.
    The cabrito is fine... as is the Cuban roast pork and espresso... and the Floridian upstate Italians... geez, I MARRIED one!
    LOL I am all about diverse ethnic populations, and Florida is a rather amusing state for its diversity. South Florida has its charm I am sure but I'm not sure I'd ever live south of Ocala.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Be safe on vacay!! Hopefully the weather is nice and not too cool for FL. I myself am looking for a state that is getting snow and wanting to move.
    Thanks. The weather is better there than here where we had 30+ MPH winds and snow this morning. Of course, snow here is not like snow in the midwest. We just freak out when it isn't sunny.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Thanks. The weather is better there than here where we had 30+ MPH winds and snow this morning. Of course, snow here is not like snow in the midwest. We just freak out when it isn't sunny.
    We'll have the wind tonight and tomorrow. We have barely seen a flurry this year.
    Georgette

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Have fun canio!!

Mr. Crabbcakes had to go to Palm Beach two years ago, and called me on the phone while he was down there. He said (after crowing about how the rental car company upgraded him to a convertible Crossfire for free, how the weather was so fine that the top was down, and how he was riding alongside the beaches while the weather was crappy up here in the Buckeye State)... that it literally could have been New Jersey for all the Joisey/NYC accents and Jewish folks running around, except it had palm trees and was all the way down there.

I have only been to Stuart (family there) and Disney and St. Augustine (trip while hubby and I were dating). I like you Cori, but don't really like FL so far. Too sweaty, too hot, too flat.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I prefer hot to cold...I HATE cold. HATE it, won't even leave the house if it's below 50*. I can wait a day or two.

I agree about the flat thing...
    But the fishing is good... Cant replace the salt water fishing with anything from a lake!
    Oh, and we have lake fishing too, and our bass get bigger!

I've learned to live with the lack of hills and trees...
    Plus it's 800miles away from my family.
    For me that's a bonus.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.