Page 51 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 51

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Aw, that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.
    The truth isn't always nasty. Sometimes it can even rival a Disney moment.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The truth isn't always nasty. Sometimes it can even rival a Disney moment.

lol nice, though I tend to shoot at animated blue birds.

what my day is shaping up to be today xkcd: Time Management
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have feminazi moments, but they're actually fairly rare. Most of the time, if I get pissed over something and seem to take it "feminazi," it's more likely that you (unwittingly, in most cases) insinuated that something is distinctly "for a man" or "for a woman." I don't mean clothes, I mean jobs, raising kids, being breadwinner, stuff like that. I'm in a career where there are VERY few women, even today, and I do other things that are "characteristically male" (lifting weights, building robots, woodworking, gaming, and doing my own car/ home maintenance if I can), so for someone to say "that's a man's job," or "doesn't your husband do that for you?" will set me on a quasi-feminazi streak.
    I've done that before as well. That's just how mama raised me.
    Georgette

what my day is shaping up to be today xkcd: Time Management
    Heh, that's been the past couple weeks for me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Who wants to see "Enchanted"?
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Who wants to see "Enchanted"?
    I caught the majority of it one sunday because niece was watching it. Geek kept prodding me because one of the main characters kept pulling "[Naiad] moments."
    My Primal Battle Tome

I thought Enchanted was pretty cute. I'm not into the whole fairy tale romance so that being a more modern fairy tale worked for me.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I thought Enchanted was pretty cute. I'm not into the whole fairy tale romance so that being a more modern fairy tale worked for me.
    I've never been big on the prince charming idea (As a side note, the Disney Prince I liked the most looked a lot like Geek), and I've never liked the damsel in distress thing. Honestly, of all the "fairy tale" movies, the female I resemble the most is Fiona from Shrek. I can take of my own damn self, and don't need to be rescued thankyouverymuch.
    My middle sibling, on the other hand, never really outgrew Disney. She's emotionally stuck at 10 or 12. No clue why, she just stopped maturing in every way but physically at that point. So she's gung ho about Disneyfied "true love" and Prince Charming and the fairy tale wedding. It was one of the thing that we came to blows about a couple times.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've never been big on the prince charming idea (As a side note, the Disney Prince I liked the most looked a lot like Geek), and I've never liked the damsel in distress thing. Honestly, of all the "fairy tale" movies, the female I resemble the most is Fiona from Shrek. I can take of my own damn self, and don't need to be rescued thankyouverymuch.
    My middle sibling, on the other hand, never really outgrew Disney. She's emotionally stuck at 10 or 12. No clue why, she just stopped maturing in every way but physically at that point. So she's gung ho about Disneyfied "true love" and Prince Charming and the fairy tale wedding. It was one of the thing that we came to blows about a couple times.
    Totally me. I think at 3 I told my second oldest sister that "Prince Charming was a bunch of doodoo". Shrek was great and Fiona was most believable. My husband likes to say that he knows of only 2 women in this world that can live without a man and that is our friend Sara and myself. Pretty good to know that a man can recognize my independent streak.
    Georgette

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Ah, fairy tales...so much more fun when written by the Brothers Grimm
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony