Page 50 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 50

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    O.o

For $5.99 a minute I would string out the call a little longer than that.
    You might get your $2.99 worth.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    O.o

For $5.99 a minute I would string out the call a little longer than that.
    I could string them along all night, so long as they don't hit either of those buttons. Well, actually I couldn't because I'd keep trying to hold down actual conversation.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You might get your $2.99 worth.
    $2.99? Good lawd. Would you just hang up on me for a quarter?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I could string them along all night, so long as they don't hit either of those buttons. Well, actually I couldn't because I'd keep trying to hold down actual conversation.
    I wonder how many people call for that. I would guess there are lonely people out there, though then again suicide hotlines are free.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I'm very tempermental and known for "femi-nazi" moments. I've killed what could have been potentially good relationships with men in the past for flying off the handle. It's gotten better as I've aged but that will never leave me. Besides, if I had to do that as a job, I would be terrible at it. I can't even do that with someone I know.
    Georgette

$2.99? Good lawd. Would you just hang up on me for a quarter?
    I probably would with a very smart ass comment.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm very tempermental and known for "femi-nazi" moments. I've killed what could have been potentially good relationships with men in the past for flying off the handle. It's gotten better as I've aged but that will never leave me. Besides, if I had to do that as a job, I would be terrible at it. I can't even do that with someone I know.
    I have feminazi moments, but they're actually fairly rare. Most of the time, if I get pissed over something and seem to take it "feminazi," it's more likely that you (unwittingly, in most cases) insinuated that something is distinctly "for a man" or "for a woman." I don't mean clothes, I mean jobs, raising kids, being breadwinner, stuff like that. I'm in a career where there are VERY few women, even today, and I do other things that are "characteristically male" (lifting weights, building robots, woodworking, gaming, and doing my own car/ home maintenance if I can), so for someone to say "that's a man's job," or "doesn't your husband do that for you?" will set me on a quasi-feminazi streak.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I do other things that are "characteristically male" (lifting weights, building robots, woodworking, gaming, and doing my own car/ home maintenance if I can), so for someone to say "that's a man's job," or "doesn't your husband do that for you?" will set me on a quasi-feminazi streak.

Hmmm..by that list I am totally not a man. If it was not for my huge ego I would feel bad about myself

Hmmm..by that list I am totally not a man. If it was not for my huge ego I would feel bad about myself
    It's not that stuff that makes a man, it's just not usually seen as feminine. You're definitely a guy, and I'd wager a bet that, if we ever met, you'd become one of my Guys.
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's not that stuff that makes a man, it's just not usually seen as feminine. You're definitely a guy, and I'd wager a bet that, if we ever met, you'd become one of my Guys.

Aw, that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.