Page 499 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 499

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Xylitol? Healthier for the teeth anyways, and closer to natural than Splenda.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Xylitol? Healthier for the teeth anyways, and closer to natural than Splenda.
    I don't eat things I can't pronounce. Kidding, I will look for it. Is that sold in regular stores?

Though the more I think about it, we can do without cheesecake.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I think so. Check by the stevia and such.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I think so. Check by the stevia and such.
    shibby. thanks.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I don't eat things I can't pronounce. Kidding, I will look for it. Is that sold in regular stores?

Though the more I think about it, we can do without cheesecake.
    Xylitol is a 'less calorie' replacement not zero calorie like the fakes.

Fakes are impossible to make taste right in a recipe really and the texture tends to suffer badly as well without some grand manipulations to the recipe.

I'm making myself a pumpkin swirl cheesecake with a nut crust and a caramel/pecan/bourbon sauce on top... the sweetner will be natural dried cane juice (sucanat).
    I will eat a nice big wedge tomorrow unapologetically and with glee!
    ...After avoiding all of the non-Primal foods everyone else is stuffing their faces with.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm making myself a pumpkin swirl cheesecake with a nut crust and a caramel/pecan/bourbon sauce on top... the sweetner will be natural dried cane juice (sucanat).
    That sounds good. Eat a piece for me. I'm going to give it a miss and wait until my wife is off her diet (as in thing to lose weight not the wide range of foods she eats) and eat real cheese cake.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Thanks! Same for you. You should be gearing up for Christmas break here shortly, right? Any improvement in the relationship dept?
    Xmas break is about 4 weeks away. By then I will be done with some major work related projects and observations. I should be feeling less pressured anyway.

Husband and I are talking. That is all so far.

Hey Gang I am about to go to Starbucks to meet.....Nameless Wonder. So excited.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hey Gang I am about to go to Starbucks to meet.....Nameless Wonder. So excited.

Nice! Color me jealous of both of you!

Thanksgiving went well. All my primal versions of dishes turned out well. My wife who does not like bacon kept picking the bacon out of things to eat it saying how good it was. It was rather bizarre.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all of my friends here at MDA for keeping me going and making me smile. Thanks y'all.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Good for you.

I, OTOH, took 3 days away from primal eating. I wasn't nearly as bad as I thought I would be, but I was bad..... but I already know I will jump back up on the horse tomorrow, and fortunately we have lots of meat and eggs around. I do have to go and get veggies, though....
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat