Page 492 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 492

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So far today seems like yesterday - steak and apples. Though I have some chili going in the crock pot. Well, if you can call something without a ton of peppers chili. Apparently I make it 'too hot' and had to scale way back to just chili powder. It makes my soul weep just a little.

Tomorrow I am headed up to Tucson to see what TJs, Whole foods, and local butchers have to offer. There is jack for decent meat around here.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    But... but... chili is NAMED for the chiles! Sacrilege!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    But... but... chili is NAMED for the chiles! Sacrilege!
    I know. I know. I usually use 5-6 different chilis. Apparently that wont fly with the better half so tomato crap with meat is basically what I am left with.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Yeah. Mine is usually 5-7 as well (depending on whether I can get decent chipotles and hatch chiles.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yeah. Mine is usually 5-7 as well (depending on whether I can get decent chipotles and hatch chiles.)
    <3

yet another reason I like you. I think my big issue is that I do not like tomato-based sauces or soups. Chili that isn't hot and full of chilis just tastes way too much like tomato. Screw that.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    LOL, too hot,,,,,

I grew about 12 kinds of hot peppers this summer, including Red Savina habaneros, and Bhut Jolokias. I also planted the hottest peppers in the world - Trinidad Scorpion X - but they died. The wimpiest pepper I grew was cayenne.

When I make chili for ME, the pot is 75% peppers and onions.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

When we make it, the pot is half meat, 3/8 peppers and onions, and the rest is tomato and spices. The meat is usually bison, chuck, and either venison or lamb. The peppers are (from weakest to hottest) bell, poblano, hatch, jalapeno, chipotle, serrano, and habanero. I keep meaning to try a tomatillo version and forgetting.
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    One of the cool things about living in FL... the really good selection of chillies available in every grocery store, including good fresh, dried, and smoked peppers. <3

IMO every pot of chili deserves some pasilla and ancho action for depth of flavor. And chipotle too of course...
    Last edited by cori93437; 11-15-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    One of the cool things about living in FL... the really good selection of chillies available in every grocery store, including good fresh, dried, and smoked peppers. <3

IMO every pot of chili deserves some pasilla and ancho action for depth of flavor. And chipotle too of course...
    Those are both in my (homemade) chili powder.
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Those are both in my (homemade) chili powder.
    Nice. They get over looked too much and they add so much.

I just get the whole dried ones, hot soak to reconstitute, then mince to a fine paste-ish consistency.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.