Page 477 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577977 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 10894

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 477

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, though when in Mexico they have always been happy to take my dollars.
    Yes, you would think. We actually overheard a negotiation on artsy-craftsy stuff where the lady said it would be X dollars, or X-Y if she was paid in pesos. I was like....? Why would she rather be paid in pesos? Unless it was just the absolute lack of gumption on her part to get them converted?
    BTW, we bought this one piece for our future kitchen that is a rope with all these different brightly colored ceramic peppers, bell peppers, onions, garlic, etc. hanging from it. It's super pretty and should look awesome in our kitchen.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Yes, you would think. We actually overheard a negotiation on artsy-craftsy stuff where the lady said it would be X dollars, or X-Y if she was paid in pesos. I was like....? Why would she rather be paid in pesos? Unless it was just the absolute lack of gumption on her part to get them converted?
    BTW, we bought this one piece for our future kitchen that is a rope with all these different brightly colored ceramic peppers, bell peppers, onions, garlic, etc. hanging from it. It's super pretty and should look awesome in our kitchen.
    Well, I suppose it depends on where you are. As I go to a border town which is literally walking distance to the US, them using dollars is easy so they take them without complaint (though I have no idea if they are gyping me on the conversion as I do not memorize the currency values. That said, I am getting such a deal on what I am buying even if they charged me double I would still be making out like a bandit). If you were more internal they might have to pay a fee to get the money converted and thus charge more to cover it.

That sounds like a great piece for the kitchen. I should really decorate one day. My kitchen is currently decorated with dishes waiting to be washed. Not such a great artistic statement.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    my grandmother used to do that rope for real with garlic and onion braided together with dried chiles braided into it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    my grandmother used to do that rope for real with garlic and onion braided together with dried chiles braided into it.
    Nice. How long will garlic and onions hold up that way? Were they like living art where she would use what she needed or were they preserved in some fashion?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

She used it as she needed it. During the winter, there'd be more ropes than space while they dried to the point of usability before she'd put them away in the storm cellar until ready to use them. If I ever get my hands on garlic and onion with long tops, I'm doing ti too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sounds like a good plan. I really need a bigger kitchen, then you all to decorate it.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    ave you tried your farmer's market? i can think of maybe 3 places locally that i can find braided garlic. if you grow it yourself, you'll also be able to braid it after curing. do garlic and onions grow well in the southwest?

They grow well, but we're in a drought (pretty bad, actually) and watering is limited to an hour once a week. The local farmers around here chop the tops before selling as a matter of course.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    They grow well, but we're in a drought (pretty bad, actually) and watering is limited to an hour once a week. The local farmers around here chop the tops before selling as a matter of course.
    Yeah, we have the same issue. We can't get fresh local produce for shit around here.

Went to Pirate Nights down in Bisbee with a buddy of mine last night. The beer was good. The wench selection was disappointing. Most pirate wench types were 60+, and while I support their spirit with my heart it does not garner much support from my other organs if you will. There was definitely a disappointing lack of participation in the 18-40 age bracket. That said, it was a fun night out so woot woot to that.