Page 473 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573973 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 473

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Lemme' see... Granville, Pataskala, New Albany... I used to live in Newark.

I'm a little shy of locating myself too closely, but I can get to Stubenville, Canton, and New Philadelphia all in one hour.
    A more important question would be, 'how fast can you get out of Ohio?'

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member

I'm a little shy of locating myself too closely, but I can get to Stubenville, Canton, and New Philadelphia all in one hour.
    We have triangulated your position and if we ever end up in Ohio we will find you. Bwahahaha. Actually, one of these years I plan to have coffee with Geostump.

Seriously though, it is good to be on the safe side.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    We have triangulated your position and if we ever end up in Ohio we will find you. Bwahahaha. Actually, one of these years I plan to have coffee with Geostump.

Seriously though, it is good to be on the safe side.
    You know, I did something like that once. I used to work for a brokerage firm, in the "wire room" as they used to call it. I got into phone and wire conversations, and ended up with an invite to Dallas. On my next trip down that-a-ways, I actually took an extra plane jaunt to the Big D to meet the two guys. We had a blast at a tex-mex place, big pitcher of margaritas, a tour around the countryside, got to meet one guy's fiance at their newly purchased home, just goofing off for a couple of days. We didn't do the blood-bonding ritual (ended up losing contact) but it was good, clean fun.

I think that most folks here would be enjoyable to meet. I know of one I would rather run over with a John Deere, but hey.

At some point I may want to go to a PrimalCon, and I wonder how many members of the forum have attended AND recognized each other from the forum (perhaps from some clue in the conversations).

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post

Pretty darn fast, but that puts me in West Virginia...

geostump is offline Senior Member

Not fast enough in my estimation. It's about a 3 hour trip in any direction to get outta Ohio. I keep referring to this place as the blackhole of the universe.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member

Aha! So you've lived in Licking County as well. I are sorry. Not sure how long ago you lived in Newark, but that place has gone downhill over the past few years.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Not fast enough in my estimation. It's about a 3 hour trip in any direction to get outta Ohio. I keep referring to this place as the blackhole of the universe.
    Franklin County, you must be...

You know, I think the Midwest in general tends to feel that way, until you do get out and live in places wildly different and then miss some aspects of home. I did the NJ thing for a bit over a decade and at this time in my life, I am happy to live someplace Heartland and raise my kids here. I don't know how long beyond Fourth's reaching adulthood I will stay here, since I tend to have an eternal bit of wanderlust... but hubby and the kids are very happy here, so life is good, all considered.

If the Columbus area really no longer speaks to you, where would you like to go??

Not to interrupt the "Why Ohio sucks" conversation, but I made this today and it was the bomb.

Arugula Corn Salad with Bacon: Arugula Corn Salad with Bacon Recipe | Simply Recipes

Simple and very good.

Now back to your regularly scheduled planned exodus from hell, uh, Ohio
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Not to interrupt the "Why Ohio sucks" conversation, but I made this today and it was the bomb.

Now back to your regularly scheduled planned exodus from hell, uh, Ohio
    Hey canio! You just have a really comfortable place over here, ya know?... it attracts really nice other people, too... it's totally easy to get lost in a chat. I'll bet a glass of whiskey/whisky drunk at your place would be a fine thing.

Thanks for the recipe - Mr. Crabbcakes is eating himself stupid on grilled corn at the moment. He has been at it for a couple of weeks now, daily, with no sign of it letting up. I have charred corn husks all over my deck at the moment, as the Mr. believes in grilling, just not sweeping...

Smart man. Grilled corn is so good. Feel free to chat all you like. Sadly I am out of whiskey at the moment. I need to remedy that but am pining away for Scotch I can't afford. As for charred corn husks...sounds like Mr. Crabbcakes is starting on a compost pile. That is not laziness, it is environmentally friendly!