Page 472 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572972 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 472

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    "It's Adam and EVE not Adam and Steve!!!"

*Takes a bite of a Chick-Fil-A sammich*
    Uh oh. Someone ate a sammich. Time to do some push-ups...
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Uh oh. Someone ate a sammich. Time to do some push-ups...
    LOL, yeah, cuz the sammich was the worst part of that!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey canio!

I'm just slipping you a little note here, nothing important.

Tonight First, Second, hubby and I are heading off to a Barry Manilow concert. I'm looking forward to it - we even have Grandpa (hubby's father) here for a couple of nights to babysit Third and Fourth, seeing as how the concert is close to Cleveland, which is a coupla' hours from here, and we will get back verrrry late.

Here's sending you a few good vibes (zing zing zing)...
    Good vibes back at you. I hope Barry Manilow was all you thought he would be and more!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Glad to hear you're liking the hospital gig. I think if I need to be hospitalized, I'll go to the one you're at just for the food. I hate hospital food with a damn passion.
    You and me both, which is why this place is a happy surprise.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    "It's Adam and EVE not Adam and Steve!!!"

*Takes a bite of a Chick-Fil-A sammich*
    I don't give a shit if it is Adam, Steve, Barry, Fred, and Marcus. As for chick-fil-a, yeah, I like their chicken sandwiches not that I have had one in years. As for heterosexual hugs, well, I wanted him to know I save the other hugs for special occasions.

Went to the VA yesterday and actually had a doctor I did not want to punch in the throat. She was polite, friendly, and professional. I was unaware the VA hired such types. I am still not diabetic, still have good blood pressure, and besides being fat am in disgustingly good health. I stopped taking my cholesterol meds several months ago and the doc said, "These are your numbers without meds? Huh, well, they are a little high but yeah, you can stop taking your statin if you want." Sweet. So my total was 233 and LDL was 155 or some such a little over what they want in both cases but she was not concered. Yay for primal or kinda primal or whatever the frack you call what I am doing.

She got my neck xrayed to see if that is the cause of my headaches (bone issues instead of muscle issues), hooked me up with a new muscle relaxer and pain pill, and is trying to get me set up with physical therapy for my neck. All in all a useful visit. Oh, and she is setting me up with a sleep study for sleep apnea. yay, for useful doctors.

Okay, back to working. Have fun all.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Went to the VA yesterday and actually had a doctor I did not want to punch in the throat. She was polite, friendly, and professional. I was unaware the VA hired such types. ...

She got my neck xrayed to see if that is the cause of my headaches (bone issues instead of muscle issues), hooked me up with a new muscle relaxer and pain pill, and is trying to get me set up with physical therapy for my neck. All in all a useful visit. Oh, and she is setting me up with a sleep study for sleep apnea. yay, for useful doctors.

Okay, back to working. Have fun all.
    I posted a full out rant about the VA in GOTD a few ago... UGgggghhhhhhhhhhh!
    Right there with you... though generally when I finally managed to get through to the Docs who are familiar with my issues things get better and they are good.
    I have learned to be very difficult/demanding until I get to speak to the people I need to.

Glad they are working on you, and hopefully making some progress.

I have a bad experience with a specific doc there from last fall that I still need to deal with. It was before I found a doc who could diagnose my condition, and one of the VA docs told me that there was nothing wrong with me (despite impaired speech and movement, and a list of other very noticeable problems)... she didn't know what was wrong with me, and decided I was crazy ("it's a psychological problem")... NO kidding.

So now I have to take medical records and test results from other doctors and have her notes redacted and replaced with the legitimate diagnosis. Pain in the Azzzzzzz... but it needs to be done or her "assessment notes", including the ones where I refused to see her again or humor her suggestions and honestly became a little hostile, will remain in the file.

Sometimes they do OK by me... and sometimes they just fail.
    That doctor who did that needs to be fired IMO... she could have caused me to have permanent damage to my eyes, and possibly even worse (such as coma), if I had listened to her and just given up and taken her word that all I needed was some counseling and antidepressants. (I really think she saw my history of counseling/meds for PTSD/Depression and that's as far as her mind went... but I healed and moved on from that several years ago.)

Anyway.
    Good luck with those folks.
    Some are great... some really need to be punched in the throat. LOL
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-03-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glad to hear about your great Dr. appt.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have a bad experience with a specific doc there from last fall that I still need to deal with. It was before I found a doc who could diagnose my condition, and one of the VA docs told me that there was nothing wrong with me (despite impaired speech and movement, and a list of other very noticeable problems)... she didn't know what was wrong with me, and decided I was crazy ("it's a psychological problem")... NO kidding.

Ouch, sadly that is par for the course with the VA. They have no idea wtf is wrong so it must be something you are doing or making up. Actually, that is pretty much par for Army doctors in general. My issue was always weight. "Oh, you would not have this problem if you lost weight." Really doc, so I am 200 pounds, have a 270 PT score, and have never been to sick call before but I wouldn't have the flu if I lost weight. Thanks for that. The VA doc was the same way. "Oh, you have headaches because you need to lose weight." Then why did I have headaches when I weighed 180? "Oh, well, yeah, that, um, look, you need to lose weight." Yeah, and you need to go f*ck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Glad to hear about your great Dr. appt.
    Thanks!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    @Crabbcakes, where in Ohio are you? I'm out between Newark and Columbus. Always cool to find another Buckeye around here.
    Lemme' see... Granville, Pataskala, New Albany... I used to live in Newark.

I'm a little shy of locating myself too closely, but I can get to Stubenville, Canton, and New Philadelphia all in one hour.