Page 47 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957971475471047 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 47

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Indeed. Especially when there's homebrewed beer at play (Officemate's father brews his own, Officemate helps when he's in town.)

Amen. Some of the best times I had in college involved singing and drinking...it helped being in a music fraternity
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Did you return the tiger?

And I am sure you can sing. Why do you think god invented showers?
    Yes, the tiger was returned with no damage done to anyone lol.

I don't even sing in the shower. My singing wakes the dead. I want to know how many female tenors are out there that can even hold a tune.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Never was sorostitute. Being in civil engineering was kinda like a frat all on its own, though. Because of the way things were structured, you could either sacrifice everything and scrape by, or get to know your fellow classmates (started out 150 of us in my class, 30 graduated with me) and use each other to help yourselves. So many of the classes had required labs or group projects that, by the time you graduated, you'd worked with everyone at least once, knew how to work in a team (even if you preferred to solo it), and had all relied on each other at some point. Some of the people I graduated with were the scum of the engr world (cheaters, credit takers), others were people I would be proud to work with anytime (Straightlaced, Officemate.) We all groused about the workload, labs, and projects while we were in there, but I can't say that I've heard any of us since then say we wish we'd chosen an easier school. Tech has its title as one of the best engineering schools in the nation for a reason. That degree is recognizable as producing the best all over the country. But none of us would've gotten that degree without each other. Like I said, CE (hell, all the engineering curriculae) was it's own frat, no outside ones required.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My mentor can, my mother can. I'm a soprano, and I can carry a tune WITH help, be it singing with someone, sheet music, or backup music. A Capella with no sheet music... you don't want to hear that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Yes, the tiger was returned with no damage done to anyone lol.

I don't even sing in the shower. My singing wakes the dead. I want to know how many female tenors are out there that can even hold a tune.
    I sang with one. She was a '2 packs a day' tenor. I always wondered how she would sound without abused vocal chords.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

You don't even want to hear me with background music. I am very tone death. I can sing heavy metal or metalcore however.
    Georgette

My mentor can, my mother can. I'm a soprano, and I can carry a tune WITH help, be it singing with someone, sheet music, or backup music. A Capella with no sheet music... you don't want to hear that.

Even stuff you have memorized?

I sang with one. She was a '2 packs a day' tenor. I always wondered how she would sound without abused vocal chords.
    I'm a second hand smoker. So I inadvertently have damaged my vocal chords. I also blame the deep singing voice and my PCOS and excess testosterone that I started exhibiting at 13. I was a soprano before then and could carry a tune pretty well. I have never done karaoke either. My shitty singing voice came in handy for doing comedy when I was acting however.
    Georgette

Even stuff you have memorized?
    Mayyyybe. I could probably do something like Pink's "Fucking Perfect," Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly," or a few hymns I remember from church A Capella, but I sound better if I have something I can fall back on if I forget part of it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My shitty singing voice came in handy for doing comedy when I was acting however.
    Now we have to bug you for acting stories...do tell

Mayyyybe. I could probably do something like Pink's "Fucking Perfect," Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly," or a few hymns I remember from church A Capella, but I sound better if I have something I can fall back on if I forget part of it.
    Yes, having something to fall back on helps. I totally blanked on my part halfway through a piece once. Seeing as how it was a quartet the whole thing went to shit pretty damned quickly. canio6 - fail tenor wtb sheet music.