Page 469 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569969 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 469

Shop Now
    Did you say "I want to butcher stuff, grunt, grunt, grunt" real Tim the Tool Man Taylor like?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Did you say "I want to butcher stuff, grunt, grunt, grunt" real Tim the Tool Man Taylor like?
    Of course, though I grunt all the time just so people know I am a man. It's what we do, right?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I couldn't get into Supernatural either. I wanted to like it but bleh.
    I did not convey my tone well enough. We actually DO like Supernatural. Is it considered it chick-show? I won't tell Boyfriend =P

DUDE, BUTCHERING. I'm jealous. That is totally a goal someday, to learn how to and have giant fridge and freezer so I can store my massacred cow/elk/roadkill.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I did not convey my tone well enough. We actually DO like Supernatural. Is it considered it chick-show? I won't tell Boyfriend =P

DUDE, BUTCHERING. I'm jealous. That is totally a goal someday, to learn how to and have giant fridge and freezer so I can store my massacred cow/elk/roadkill.
    Oh, sorry, your tone was fine, my brain was not. I answered Cori's post about not being able to get into Vampire shows and then answered yours with not being able to get into Supernatural either. Meaing either it or vamp shows. In my head the three of us were having a conversation and I turned from one to the other. Of course, that doesn't work on the internet. Yeah, I need more coffee.

Well, I do not think I will be butchering whole cows or even pigs. I do not think the kitchen is big enough, but breaking down chickens, whole fish, and parts of cows/pigs - get a 1/4 cow or some such and break it down. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else it is an excuse to buy more knives.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Oh, sorry, your tone was fine, my brain was not. I answered Cori's post about not being able to get into Vampire shows and then answered yours with not being able to get into Supernatural either. Meaing either it or vamp shows. In my head the three of us were having a conversation and I turned from one to the other. Of course, that doesn't work on the internet. Yeah, I need more coffee.

Well, I do not think I will be butchering whole cows or even pigs. I do not think the kitchen is big enough, but breaking down chickens, whole fish, and parts of cows/pigs - get a 1/4 cow or some such and break it down. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else it is an excuse to buy more knives.
    I bought an awesome knife sharpener at a hunting expo this weekend . I ran home and sharpened all our knives, now I'm like this:

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That just means you have to use them, Booter, so you'll have an excuse to touch up the edge
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I bought an awesome knife sharpener at a hunting expo this weekend . I ran home and sharpened all our knives, now I'm like this:
    Nice. Now come sharpen mine

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    That just means you have to use them, Booter, so you'll have an excuse to touch up the edge
    ^this

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    come sharpen mine! i tried sharpening one and it's still dull as fuck.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Butchering stuff sounds like fun. I really need to invest in some good kitchen knives. All of the knives I have ever spent any money on have all been designed to be pulled from some concealed location and used to stab someone though the eye.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Butchering stuff sounds like fun. I really need to invest in some good kitchen knives. All of the knives I have ever spent any money on have all been designed to be pulled from some concealed location and used to stab someone though the eye.
    Which is always handy to have...why if I had a nickel for every time I said to myself "Boy I sure wish I could stab that person in the eye right now" I'd be rich. In jail, but rich.

What I need to invest in is a vacuum sealer. My FIL smokes these awesome ribs then cuts them up in small sections and vacuum seals them. For leftovers, you just poke some vent holes in the plastic and microwave them (like Grok did). I would like to translate that into frozen vegetables, like a cup of bell peppers vacuum sealed for use in the winter. I like that idea better than canning stuff, yo.