Page 465 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565965 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 465

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Out of the country, no tv, and then the Amish...now, this sounds like a story worth reading. *pulls up a chair* .
    It's really not novel-worthy. With Pop being in the Army and always getting shipped to Germany when he wasn't stateside, and then me deciding to move over there on my own at 18 (I'm not military - but Pop did pick up a Fraulein while on his first tour of duty there...my mom, so fully half of my family are Germans), I had spent well over half my life in Germany. I returned to the US to marry my first high school boyfriend (I did high school here). Hubby and I set up shop in New Jersey. A few years and three kids later, 9-11 happened, and since hubby and I are pretty conservative and didn't buy cable tv service, we all watched a lot of broadcast PBS (and loved it). Since we all in the NJ-NY area went without tv for those first few weeks after the WTC went down hubby and I looked around and said something like - you know what, tv really isn't necessary for health and well-being or even news (what with radio and newspapers and dvd's and all), so off it stays.

We decided to move out here to get out of the Jersey rat race. I'm not knocking the people there, but the lifestyle was too much. We got here by moving to where hubby's sister lived - she married a local boy. Now we live on a dirt road with many Amish as neighbors. And are so far out there, that there is no way to get tv unless you get a satellite dish - which we, of course, said no to. With Netflix streaming and hubby being a computer geek, we aren't that disconnected - witness me talking to you - but I really, truly, wanted a more innocent, healthy, less-pop culture, more reading-and-doing household for my girls to grow up in. And I NEVER miss the commercials.

Cori - I'LL TAKE THE ORANGE ONE! WRAP IT AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO THE FIRST DIRT ROAD ON THE RIGHT JUST AFTER YOU TAKE A LEFT AT THE DECREPIT OLD TOWN PUMP. I'LL BE WAITING.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pfft. I wantses the green one. Wrap up the Precious and send it to west bum fuck, just east of far west bumfuck.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Pfft. I wantses the green one. Wrap up the Precious and send it to west bum fuck, just east of far west bumfuck.
    If I had them both...
    I would be SO greedy!
    And the orange one would be my in town ride, for top down days... (The Ghia will be my top on day car of course.)
    And the green one would be the go play with the big boys on the trials ride.

If I ever win the lottery... I want a small house, and a BIG garage.
    (Might help if I played on occasion...)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    The other day I saw a house with a 5-door garage. o.O I mean, it was a pretty sizeable house- but I think the WHOLE lower level was for cars.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    The other day I saw a house with a 5-door garage. o.O I mean, it was a pretty sizeable house- but I think the WHOLE lower level was for cars.
    Heheh... that would be a start...
    But between husband and I I don't think it would cover it.

I was thinking more like a simple home, with a separate HUGE stable style garage... possibly with lifts to put them 2 deep in some areas.
    And TOOOOOOLLLSSSSSS.
    Yeah, I'm one of the only women I know that lusts over a well built full on foam/cut in organized all stainless tool box, completely kitted out.

Husband has told me before that he's glad we don't have a really nice garage, because he'd probably never see me again. I told him he could join me in the garage any time.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And TOOOOOOLLLSSSSSS.
    Yeah, I'm one of the only women I know that lusts over a well built full on foam/cut in organized all stainless tool box, completely kitted out.
    First (as in, my first daughter) is a tool nut as well. It competes with her intense love of reading. Maybe I should get her a Mac Tools Complete History of the Wrench. Or something like that. Hmmm - we are taking off for the library in just a few...

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    kids and i played a bit after they discovered "you could pay $1 and get thousands back??" well, yeah, that is a possibility, but not likely. "ok, let's do it because we could be rich and daddy could move back home." this was before daddy moved back home. anyway, after a few spent $$, a few dollars won and then lost again, i think they get the picture.

of course we'd go on a little spending spree, vacation, buy a home, and pay off student loans, but my primary concern would be "oh my, we could spend this so quickly and then have nothing again" so i'd want to find ways to invest and make it grow. we'd have a family empire, mwhahahaha!

oh, and when we could, i'd want to build a castle in the woods. because that'd be awesome.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    With Netflix streaming and hubby being a computer geek, we aren't that disconnected - witness me talking to you - but I really, truly, wanted a more innocent, healthy, less-pop culture, more reading-and-doing household for my girls to grow up in. And I NEVER miss the commercials.

Sounded pretty novel-worthy to me. We have several authors around here who could probably make that into something that would sell. It sounds like you have a good plan. Reading and doing household, dang, we need more of those. I've got the reading part down but judging by dishes and laundry, I need to do more doing. See, you show up and already I feel badly about myself. You'll fit in perfectly
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Hmm...well, yes, I can tell they are both automobiles...and uh...I think this is a phillip's head screwdriver....or perhaps it is a socket wrench. Eh, screw it.

My post-lottery house would have a huge kitchen. I'm not sure I would even use a garage as we have never had one, not even growing up.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony