Page 46 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856961465461046 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 46

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, well, that definitely sounds like the suck. I have sinus issues myself, so can relate there. So it almost sounds like you are allergic to sugar and carbs...strange...not that you are but that anyone would be given the amount of that crap the average person consumes daily.
    It either wasn't as bad or I was completely oblivious back when I ate CW. I remember the wrist and ankle pain, and I hadn't been in the wreck to screw up my neck and shoulders yet. I remember the constant sinus infections and post nasal drip, and I think the migraines had to do with the sheer amount of grains I was eating (I was trying to go sugar free even then, and fake sugar's never been an option.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I never began to stutter until I was 19. Not too sure if there is such a thing as adult-onset stuttering or what but that's when it hit me. Might have hit as that was when all the shit in life just came down on me and I didn't care anymore. That's for another time.

Last time I had a full on sugar/carb binge, aka my birthday, I get the stuffy sinuses, headaches and lovely bowels. So yeah I guess I do have the inflammation thing going on as well. Sometimes I liken it to a bad hangover.
    Georgette

I've always had mine. The more stressed out/ nervous/ anxious I am, the worse it gets.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Sometimes I liken it to a bad hangover.

Is there a good hangover? :P

It is odd how when you poison yourself slowly you tend not to notice, but you junk out on carbs and such and your whole body goes "Oh hells no"
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

My youngest has had hers forever. She also has a beautiful singing voice. I've never been able to sing so yeah that never helps. I don't stutter too often so it's pretty hit or miss.
    Georgette

Is there a good hangover? :P

It is odd how when you poison yourself slowly you tend not to notice, but you junk out on carbs and such and your whole body goes "Oh hells no"
    My birthday weekend was my bodies version of "The Hangover". I lived it, but wish I could forget it. When I drink alcohol it doesn't affect me in this way no. Weird.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My birthday weekend was my bodies version of "The Hangover". I lived it, but wish I could forget it.
    Did you return the tiger?

And I am sure you can sing. Why do you think god invented showers?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

My mentor and I did a duet with Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" last time we were all together (her, her boyfriend, Officemate, SWAFA, and me,) with Officemate and boyfriend doing backup on the guitar. We actually sing together really well, not just because she's alto and I'm soprano, but also because we can play off of one another without even realizing it because we think so similarly. At one point, we even had SWAFA and boyfriend join in briefly as a bass and a tenor, respectively, but then they went back to manning the computer for the backup music and the guitar. I think that was on the 3rd or 4th try we had.
    My Primal Battle Tome

That sounds great Naiad. Singing with friends is a damned good time.

That sounds great Naiad. Singing with friends is a damned good time.
    Indeed. Especially when there's homebrewed beer at play (Officemate's father brews his own, Officemate helps when he's in town.)
    My Primal Battle Tome