Page 458 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 458

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ohh... the DITY move...
    Husband and I once DITY moved from FL to the central coast of CA, in the large sized Ryder truck, towing a car trailer...
    And we took a "short cut" across the middle of the state instead of detouring south all the way to LA then driving back up the coast...
    There is a reason you are supposed to go to LA, it's called mountains, no guard rails, snow chains required, road too narrow to turn around, mountains.
    WEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LOL
    It was a brand new truck, husband could not hit the brakes without sliding, and we could smell the transmission getting hot.
    Husband literally got out and kissed the ground when we got clear of the mountains and found a real two lane road again.
    That route was labeled a "state highway" on the map.

We did not DITY back to FL... we had the movers come get that stuff!
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-10-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    We did not DITY back to FL... we had the movers come get that stuff!
    Good plan! We moved from FL to here and that was far enough. The extra hours to CA would have pushed me over the edge mountains or no mountains.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I wish I could pack my wife in a bag. I'm kidding, of course(maybe).

We're in the middle of packing right now. The house is full of boxes, and none of them have any of my stuff. When she asks what of my things I want to take, my answer is "My clothes(which ain't much), my kettlebells, and my laptop. Give the rest to Goodwill." Well, maybe the safe full of guns too. You have to stay ready in case of zombies.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Well, maybe the safe full of guns too. You have to stay ready in case of zombies.
    smart man.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    When we skipped out during the fire I noticed that my roommate grabbed a kettle bell in the second round of stuff. I've gotta say, grabbing my sledge hammer never even crossed my mind. Of course, it is a bit less expensive than a kettle bell
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    grabbing my sledge hammer never even crossed my mind.
    presumably because you were grabbing important things like bacon.

I left the bacon. But that's because I didn't have something to cook it in. However, there was a chance that it would be nice and crisped up for me by the time I got back
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I left the bacon. But that's because I didn't have something to cook it in. However, there was a chance that it would be nice and crisped up for me by the time I got back
    Ah, see, now that is a very good use of your natural resources. Sure the house might be gone but at least dinner would be ready.

Exactly. Hard to beat bacon cooked over an open fire

PrimalCon New York
    Sooo, I was looking at datingfail.org, because it's freaking hilarious, and there's a Game of Thrones foreplay video where the dude's girlfriend wants to act out some of the nastiness in the book, it wasn't dirty, just a chick in her underwear. After the video, the related videos were all p0rn...I think I went out of youtube and entered a bad place. If I get fired for this, I'm so blaming you for this GoT curiosity thing.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.