Page 457 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557957 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 457

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sorry you are in purgatory. Several months? I would go nuts.
    Yeah, the sucky part of it is that I get so excited over job postings. I have a pretty active imagination and so I start planning out how long it would take to get to work, what time I would have to leave, and even working out mental snapshots of what a typical day would consist of. Then...no word. I would appreciate them picking the phone up, calling me, and telling me how much my resume sucks. "Hello, is the Booter? Good morning. I'm with X company and was just curious if you seen the salary of the job you put in for? What in cornbread hell makes you think you're worth that? We've got a floor sweeping position open that you might have the qualifications for, maybe. Can you stand upright and push a broom?" Oh well, I'm having a one man pity party today, can you tell?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Oh well, I'm having a one man pity party today, can you tell?
    I feel your pain brother as I do much the same. Hell, I was even looking for places to live and moving companies vs. renting a Uhaul vs. selling all I own and stuffing what is left in the car.

Something will come through for you. I'm sure you are more than qualified for things above broom pushing, not that there is anything wrong with broom pushing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to both of you.

Renting a U-haul and driving myself was a lot of fun- and I could do it on (sort of) my own schedule. But I also didn't have a house full of stuff to schlep myself.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Good luck to both of you.

Renting a U-haul and driving myself was a lot of fun- and I could do it on (sort of) my own schedule. But I also didn't have a house full of stuff to schlep myself.
    Well, truth be told, given an hour's warning to grab the few things I would not want to replace pretty much everything I own could go up in smoke.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pack them all in one place and all you'll need is 15 minutes
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Pack them all in one place and all you'll need is 15 minutes
    I think clothes, my computer, the dog, and my knives might all object to being in the same bag :P

Edit to add: keep your NE practicality out of my flighty journal woman!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My desktop computer would take up a lot of space and I'm an awful packer when it comes to clothing. Cat in the cat carrier and my camera and related accessories... And Boyfriend =P One of these days, I'll get myself a safety deposit box so my passport, social security card, and birth certificate are not hiding around the house (and I'm constantly forgetting my hiding spots).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'll get myself a safety deposit box so my passport, social security card, and birth certificate are not hiding around the house (and I'm constantly forgetting my hiding spots).
    That is a good plan. I keep saying I will get one of those fireproof boxes but so far I keep saying it and not doing it.

Well bless your heart, darlin' *ties hat on and goes back to gardening*

Wait- you're leaving your wife behind? Now that's just not right . . .

PrimalCon New York
    Well bless your heart, darlin' *ties hat on and goes back to gardening*

Wait- you're leaving your wife behind? Now that's just not right . . .
    Oh, I see what you did there. brat.

Well, no, I figure she is smart enough to get out of the house without me needing to pack her in a bag.