Page 455 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555955 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 10882

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 455

  1. #4541
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,611
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Any news of the job you applied for in the Sunshine State?
    I made it past the first round of cuts. Nothing beyond that as yet. Being gov't it could take them a month or 12 to get things rolling.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  2. #4542
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,052
    Word up. I've got a good lead (hopefully) that will be a little closer to home, once we get the home built. It's a fertilizer manufacturer and it's been said that I'm full of sh*t, so it might be a match made in heaven.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

  3. #4543
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,611
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Word up. I've got a good lead (hopefully) that will be a little closer to home, once we get the home built. It's a fertilizer manufacturer and it's been said that I'm full of sh*t, so it might be a match made in heaven.
    LOL Nice to see you are putting your natural abilities to good use. I wish you luck!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  4. #4544
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,052
    Cliche is something that has been repeatedly used to the point of losing original meaning. The word "cliche" comes from the days of moveable type, where each letter had to be set by hand into a framework before printing. Commonly-used phrases were kept preset in clamps so they could be regularly used without having to reset all the letters individually each time. The clamp that keeps letters together to form these oft-used sentences or phrases is called a cliche.
    Interestingfacts.org

    Your Welcome
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

  5. #4545
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,611
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Cliche is something that has been repeatedly used to the point of losing original meaning. The word "cliche" comes from the days of moveable type, where each letter had to be set by hand into a framework before printing. Commonly-used phrases were kept preset in clamps so they could be regularly used without having to reset all the letters individually each time. The clamp that keeps letters together to form these oft-used sentences or phrases is called a cliche.
    Interestingfacts.org

    Your Welcome
    Thank you sir for this piece of wisdom. I for one was just bemoaning my lack of knowledge of both moveable type and the origin of common words. That was both a fact and interesting. Given that it was well organized to boot, well, I think the website earned its name.

    In the spirit of more random facts about things I do not know enough about:

    The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means "the king is dead."


    I thought it came from the canio6 phrase meaning "How the f*ck did I lose in 3 moves?"
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  6. #4546
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Thank you sir for this piece of wisdom. I for one was just bemoaning my lack of knowledge of both moveable type and the origin of common words. That was both a fact and interesting. Given that it was well organized to boot, well, I think the website earned its name.

    In the spirit of more random facts about things I do not know enough about:

    The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means "the king is dead."


    I thought it came from the canio6 phrase meaning "How the f*ck did I lose in 3 moves?"
    I couldn't sleep last night myself, screaming in my head "What did the word cliche come from!"
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

  7. #4547
    skink531's Avatar
    skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    2,080
    The other day I was watching a couple of guys play chess when they asked if I wanted to play. What the hell, I wasn't doing anything, so sure. I was playing against this old Japanese dude, who I think was trying to give me pointers but I couldn't understand a thing he said. I managed to take one of his pawns before he completely annihilated me.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

    "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

  8. #4548
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,052
    I played once on an internet site. I went to the beginner's level and this dude beat me in like 5 or 6 moves, I mean before I even thought about a strategy. Then he says I should practice more before coming to the beginner's level.
    I think he was making up for shortcomings in his life by picking on folks in the beginner's page, that's what I tell myself anyway.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

  9. #4549
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I played once on an internet site. I went to the beginner's level and this dude beat me in like 5 or 6 moves, I mean before I even thought about a strategy. Then he says I should practice more before coming to the beginner's level.
    I think he was making up for shortcomings in his life by picking on folks in the beginner's page, that's what I tell myself anyway.
    oh i didn't know you played my 8 year old. yeah, he can be cruel on those sites.

  10. #4550
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,611
    He was probably compensating. (the guy not Saoirse's 8 year old) In random nutrition fact news: Cast iron skillets used to be the leading source of iron in the American diet
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •