Page 451 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551951 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 451

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm in a non-lethal weapons instructor course at the moment. M-T we beat each other up with unarmed defense techniques. Wednesday we were pepper sprayed and did all that fun jazz. Thur we were tazed and had to do the taser qualification course etc. Friday we put on riot gear and threw rocks and baseballs at each other.
    Ya know, I can't help but think that there's a teenage boy (or bunch of them) out there saying "Coooool job, dude"!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Is it too late to add my $.02 on dancing? There has to be some love for ballroom. I like it when men tell me what to do o.O
    Same here
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to learn how to tango, I gotta admit.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'd love to learn how to tango, I gotta admit.
    +1
    the only ballroom dance classes around here are for the jitterbug. plus my husband doesn't want to take a class. Salsa would be fun, too.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I want to learn how to do the Charleston. I am really terrible at dancing though, not coordinated in the least. I can't even waltz, just can't remember how to move my feet (and I've been taught numerous times).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Viannese Waltz and Tango are my favorites by far, but I think salsa could be fun if I learned more steps. Samba, too, once I got the syncopation down.

Wonder- actually when I have a flat out beginner I try to start with waltz or foxtrot because they're relatively easy- but it takes some people quite a while. That's pretty normal.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Waltzes are fun, as are polkas. When I was in German Dancing, they could only give me certain partners because I have a nasty tendency to try and lead from the female's position.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Ya know, I can't help but think that there's a teenage boy (or bunch of them) out there saying "Coooool job, dude"!
    I'm saying "Cool JOB dude!"
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I want to learn to polka! The fast kind, not the old-folks kind. I've been led through it once or twice and it's fun

Naiad- My problem was less trying to lead and more just not following. "You don't know what you're doing, so why should I listen to you?" I could stop ANYBODY
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The Dallas area (Denton, more specifically, I believe) has a "nuclear polka" group called Brave Combo. Here's one of their songs:

My personal favorite polka of theirs is:

(Unfortunately, that one doesn't have all the correct lyrics, but it's all I can find.)
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome