Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 45

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I also stutter at times.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I also stutter at times.
    So do I. Again, mostly when I'm nervous, anxious, or can't talk fast enough to get the thought out.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I never stuttered until I became an adult. My youngest daughter is a stutterer.
    Georgette

Mine's genetic, my grandfather does the same thing and apparently, one of my younger cousin's is actually exactly the same as I am (ADD, stutters when excited, overachiever, video gamer.) I hope K grows out of his stutter, but given that he's at least 18, it doesn't looking like he will.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, my weekend was pretty crap as far as food goes. You know that whole30 thing? Yeah, the opposite of that. My stomach also hurts, which sucks, not because it hurts but because I get tired of reading the 'I looked at a loaf of bread and now my stomach hurts' threads and am being slapped in the face by the cold, hard truth. Reality you are a cruel bitch. That said, I have no desire to touch anything breadlike anytime soon so I guess score one for the home team (current score Crappy Carbs 6 Home Team 1)

My food for today is set up to be coffee for breakfast, lunch...yeah, probably will skip it, and pulled pork with apples for dinner.

So my 'wtf are you guys talking about?' question of the day: Inflammation. What gives? I see it on the forums fairly regularly usually in the form of "I do not eat blah because it causes inflammation" or "I have systemic inflammation so I blah blah and sometimes blah." So, yeah, wtf does that mean? I asked my fickle friend google and got a bunch of pictures of ingrown toenails, and chillblains and such, which yeah, I know when skin is inflammed, I am not a total idiot (though given I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, this is open for debate), but inflammed elsewhere? How does one even know? Does your small intestine get sore? I'm not trying to mock those with said condition, just how does one know? Are their tests for it?

Oh well, just curious.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I hope K grows out of his stutter, but given that he's at least 18, it doesn't looking like he will.
    My voice teacher used to stutter, well, he still does he is just no longer my voice teacher. According to him James Earl Jones does as well. They met apparently and discussed the whole thing. I stutter when my brain gets ahead of my mouth. I just have to take a deep breath and concentrate on what I am trying to say. Interestingly enough if you stutter while speaking you do not do so while singing. It uses a different part of the brain apparently. Interesting stuff.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

My inflammation shows up in my sinuses and my joints, as well as my screwy shoulder. With the joints and the shoulder, it manifests as pain, a pain akin to someone simultaneously bending it the wrong way and stabbing a knitting needle into it. It feels like you strained it when there's no way you could've. The sinus inflammation show up as clogged sinuses, pressure, a headache, and a very noticeable postnasal drip. The more crap I eat, the worse these symptoms get. One bit of noodles won't do it to me, a sandwich might give me a little back and wrist pain, a full out carb and sugar gorge means I need a handful of antihistamines, decongestants, and aleve to get out of bed.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    My voice teacher used to stutter, well, he still does he is just no longer my voice teacher. According to him James Earl Jones does as well. They met apparently and discussed the whole thing. I stutter when my brain gets ahead of my mouth. I just have to take a deep breath and concentrate on what I am trying to say. Interestingly enough if you stutter while speaking you do not do so while singing. It uses a different part of the brain apparently. Interesting stuff.
    yeah, that's what I end up having to do. If I can stop myself, catch my thoughts and my breath, and start again, the stuttering will 95% go away. The rest of the stuttering is my mind trying to throw two words out at once that mean the same thing. Think "Surreal" and "strange." If both come to mind, it becomes "S-s-s-sur-r-eal" or "S-s-s-str-str-strange" while my mind decides which it wants to use.
    My Primal Battle Tome

My inflammation shows up in my sinuses and my joints, as well as my screwy shoulder. With the joints and the shoulder, it manifests as pain, a pain akin to someone simultaneously bending it the wrong way and stabbing a knitting needle into it. It feels like you strained it when there's no way you could've. The sinus inflammation show up as clogged sinuses, pressure, a headache, and a very noticeable postnasal drip. The more crap I eat, the worse these symptoms get. One bit of noodles won't do it to me, a sandwich might give me a little back and wrist pain, a full out carb and sugar gorge means I need a handful of antihistamines, decongestants, and aleve to get out of bed.

Ah, well, that definitely sounds like the suck. I have sinus issues myself, so can relate there. So it almost sounds like you are allergic to sugar and carbs...strange...not that you are but that anyone would be given the amount of that crap the average person consumes daily.

If both come to mind, it becomes "S-s-s-sur-r-eal" or "S-s-s-str-str-strange" while my mind decides which it wants to use.

Ah, for me it would come out "Surrange" when in doubt mix 'em. Stupid brain.