Page 441 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 441

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In the part of TN I was from it was a mixed bag... some said wash, some warsh...
    Generally 'warsh' came from the poorest section of the population in our area... and they caught some hell for it.
    I have never said 'warsh'... and find that added r to be an abomination.
    I do, when I have normal speech capabilities that is, make short words unnecessarily long, and long words short(as in NO word EVER ends with the 'g' in 'ing').

ATM however... I sound positively continental.
    People ask me about England and Norway in particular... *shrug*
    Not sure what country... but definitely NOT American of any flavor, especially Southern.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Cori, maybe you're channeling a past life.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Also Ohio grandmother said "deesh" instead of dish, and "feesh" instead of fish.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    People still think Texans say "Howdy," ride horses to work, and all live on ranches (no, that's not how we say wrench.) I had a damnyankee at my school as a recent transplant and she was gobsmacked to find out that not only did none of us own a horse, most of us didn't have cowboy hats or wear plaid shirts and none of us were cowfuckers.
    I've had folks ask where I'm from and disbelieve that I'm from Texas, insisting I sound either British or Midwestern, depending on the day.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I hate when people say oncest and twicest (just add a t sound) instead of once or twice. Hmm...other than that, I'm pretty much down with whatever accent you got. Oh, my great aunt said hoped, which is the past tense of help. "I'm glad you hoped me with that". I try to talk better, but it's hard. Plus, as long as I'm intelligent in what I say, I don't care how I say it.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I hear a good bit of oncest and twicest around here, but that's mostly the countrified elements.

Of course, we also have the PA Dutch nearby (Throw grandma down the stairs her sweater!), the Pittsburghers a.k.a. yinzers (Do yinz have any gumbands?) and the Philly drawl, which I can't really do justice to.

One summer I was a tour guide at Indian Echo Caverns in scenic Hummelstown, PA, and I had lots of people ask where I was from because I didn't sound like the locals.

We associate yuns, not yinz, with Tennessee folks. I must admit it sure it a lot easier to have a conversation with folks when you conjugate random words and leave off syllables.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    All I'm learning from the last two pages is that the US is a very fucked-up place. Your rights to insult Canadian accents... REVOKED!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Who needs to insult Canadian Accents? Justin Beiber, that is all the insult Canada needs.

kidding of course my friend to the north.

Well, it seems I have missed quite the interesting linguistic discussion. That said I find it amusing when people make fun of how Southerners talk. Have you heard the folk from Boston or parts of NY lately? Holy fuck. If I had a Brooklyn accent I think I would hang myself. I've always found it amusing when people say English accents sound nice, um...yeah, if it is the right English accent. Grow up poor in Banbury and you will have an accent that peels paint. Talking to my family is like talking to the cast of Full Monty after a pint or 12. That said, it is fun to listen to. I get to translate for my wife which is always amusing.

As for what is in Missouri, well, not a whole hell of a lot. At least that is the case down here at Ft Leonard Wood. I've spent the last two days being thrown on my face and having my limbs twisted into unnatural positions. Tomorrow is OC day and Thursday is taser fest so by the weekend I should really hate the world. That said, it is good training.

You all have fun and behave yourselves (just not too much)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey, watch it Buddy!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67