Page 44 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654941445441044 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 44

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    He's isn't even close to being fully primal. When he eats what I cook, I at least have control over it but he eats a lot of fast food. He has cut back considerably on that though.
    Sounds like Geek. He still eats a fair amount of grains and rice, and is out in the field a lot (read: crappy Mexican food or convenience store food), but he admits he leans out when we cook at home. He'll lean out a LOT come summer with all the grilling we'll be doing, which might just convince him over to the dark side (we have mookies...)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    That is great. Getting rid of the junk can have a huge affect.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    He'll lean out a LOT come summer with all the grilling we'll be doing, which might just convince him over to the dark side (we have mookies...)
    I need to get a grill. I miss grilling. That or drive to Texas. Hmm..may be a bit out of the way.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

More than welcome here for a meal or 3, but that's a ways to drive.
    (Does anyone use that phrase outside of the South and Southwest- "a ways to...?")
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

More than welcome here for a meal or 3, but that's a ways to drive.
    (Does anyone use that phrase outside of the South and Southwest- "a ways to...?")
    Thanks. Same goes for you. Just give me a heads up so I can make sure to get all my laundry up off the floor.

As for "a ways to" I have no idea. Then again my language skills are a touch on the odd side since my mother is English, my step-dad (since I was 7) is hispanic, I lived in England until 11 and then the south. Toss in all the places the Army sent me and I have a very odd way of speaking.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I say "ways to" as well. I find a lot of Southern sayings can be interchangeable with Midwestern sayings. I have a very "accent neutral" voice so most think I am from the west. People here call that "uppity".
    Georgette

I grew up in Dallas, but I grew up on the border between the barrio and the ghetto. I moved up to Lubbock and inherited some Yankeeisms and Britspeak in school. Moved out here and acquired a slightly more pronounced drawl (not much, I still talk too fast), some Southwest flair, and a bit more Mexican sprinklings. I tend to drop my w's or turn them into v's (no clue where that came from), and roll some of my r's, drop ending g's, t's, and d's, and slur certain phrases together (t'gether.) When I get excited-angry, the ghetto girl in me comes out; when I get coldhearted-angry, my speech becomes very quiet, clipped, and British. When I'm around others speaking Tejano Spanish, I actually grow a Tejano accent. Apparently, according to several sources, my speech will slightly, but noticeably start to acquire traits of whoever it is I'm talking to. I'll toss in Ancient Greek, German, Spanish, and British words if I can't think of the Americanized English version.
    I'd say it'd be quite an experience to hear us have a conv.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think we'd all get picked up by Border Patrol

Yeah... Especially since the more nervous/ anxious I get, the more I start reaching for words and using whichever language comes to mind for said word.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    When I'm around others speaking Tejano Spanish, I actually grow a Tejano accent. Apparently, according to several sources, my speech will slightly, but noticeably start to acquire traits of whoever it is I'm talking to. I'll toss in Ancient Greek, German, Spanish, and British words if I can't think of the Americanized English version.
    I can pretty much start picking up whatever accent of those I am around as well. I thow in German, Spanish and Serbian words here and there. Border Patrol, here we come!
    Georgette