Page 438 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538938 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 10880

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 438

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Does she suck at driving? I'm a great driver, I just don't need a car where I am right now. Though one would be nice to visit my parents and brother, and make weekend trips to Toronto or Montreal.
    I got my license a week before she did. I was 16, she was 18. When we went places together, Mom double-checked that I was driving and she was navigating. The rare times we would try to switch it up, it was not pretty.

She actually got her license because Mom and Dad threatened to stop taking her places if she didn't. We lived in the country

(In all fairness, in the last, ah, 12 years or so she HAS improved- but she's still not what I'd call a great driver. On the other hand, lots of people don't like the way I drive, so maybe I just don't know.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Canio- My sister is in NYC at the moment- it ain't easy to afford.
    Yeah, I almost applied for a job there but I see now way off affording it on the salary offered.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I learned standard before automatic by choice (like learning to ride a bike on a hilly/bumpy road..that wasn't by choice, but it made all other surfaces pretty easy). We had a standard Jetta and automatic station wagon, but got another standard Jetta and no more station wagon shortly after I got my permit anyway. And then my first car was a 1974 VW bug (standard transmission). But I didn't REALLY start driving until last year, on Boyfriend's car...which is a standard. I've practically never had the chance to drive an automatic =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've practically never had the chance to drive an automatic =P
    You're young. There is still time
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I almost applied for a job there but I see now way off affording it on the salary offered.
    My daughter won't be able to either. I may start a pool on how soon she will be high tailing it back home. She will have between five and six thousand savings, which won't last long. And DH and I are so against it, we are unwilling to help b/c we feel like it will have been money thrown away.

ETA: P.S. At least she has the mayor to look out for her best interests in the soda department!:P

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    ETA: P.S. At least she has the mayor to look out for her best interests in the soda department!:P
    LOL. I see you are a glass half full kind of person Just no half full of soda of course.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    LOL. I see you are a glass half full kind of person Just no half full of soda of course.
    LOL! Oh, and yesterday's paper mentioned they will be discussing limiting the size of movie theater popcorn and taking the exemption off dairy, so no humongo milk shakes either. Booooooo!!! What will they tackle next? Pizza and lasagna?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    LOL! Oh, and yesterday's paper mentioned they will be discussing limiting the size of movie theater popcorn and taking the exemption off dairy, so no humongo milk shakes either. Booooooo!!! What will they tackle next? Pizza and lasagna?
    I'm hoping they will tackle Bloomberg's ego. It seems to be the most bloated thing in NYC right now.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Now, see, I'm more for dragons in the glass: "Holy shit! There's a dragon in the glass!" - awesomist | bebzol.com
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    dude, that is a cool image.