Page 437 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537937 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 437

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm 33 and I've never owned a car. Weird, huh?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm 33 and I've never owned a car. Weird, huh?
    Readily available mass transit? If I lived in NYC or DC or such I wouldn't have one either.

On an unrelated topic...

My wife was out with a friend when I went to bed last night. Apparently she came home and tried to snuggle up to me and I said, "Not now. I'm doing dips." So apparently I exercise in my dreams. Nice to know it is happening sometime.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    My sister is almost 31 and has never owned a car. This is best for everyone.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait for my daughter to not own a car. She is moving to NYC in two months. Currently she is whittling her poor little bug all the way to the ground, and she "has no idea how that scratch/dent/broken glass got there!"

At one point my sister thought she'd be moving to work near me. "We can get an apartment half-way in between and be roommates! You even have a car we can share!"

First of all- don't you remember it not working out last time we lived together. Granted, that was going on 20 years ago, but I haven't changed much in the interem. Second of all- You are NOT learning to drive a standard with my baby! I did, but I'm such a good- ok, I can't finish that. I'm shocked she has her original clutch. Which means no sharing!

(Please, no one tell Io that other cars get new clutches every so often. She doesn't need to know.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Gwynn - LOL. Yeah, mystery dents, scratches and the like. Fun fun. Good luck to your daughter in NYC! Personally I have no idea how anyone affords to live there.

Chic of the Dressage - yeah, living with siblings. Been there done that. No thanks. I'm not easy to live with so that is never good. As for standards, well, I am the only one in my family who does not drive a standard. It is honestly because I refuse to learn.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    so she means "i can borrow your car whenever i want!!!"

umm...no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    so she means "i can borrow your car whenever i want!!!"

umm...no thanks!
    exactly. To heck with that noise.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Readily available mass transit? If I lived in NYC or DC or such I wouldn't have one either.
    Pretty much. It's not great, but not terrible, and Ottawa's not all that big a city.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    "Not now. I'm doing dips." So apparently I exercise in my dreams. Nice to know it is happening sometime.
    Haha! Awesome. Go to bed with some dumbbells and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    My sister is almost 31 and has never owned a car. This is best for everyone.
    Does she suck at driving? I'm a great driver, I just don't need a car where I am right now. Though one would be nice to visit my parents and brother, and make weekend trips to Toronto or Montreal.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Canio- My sister is in NYC at the moment- it ain't easy to afford.

Saoirse- Exactly. The car that I bought, I insured, and took care of. Riiiight.

Dad wanted us all to learn how to drive stick before we learned how to drive automatics just so that we'd know how. Didn't work on any of us. However, now everyone but Mom and my sister drives a stick by choice. (I bought my car like that on purpose so that I'd know how before I buy my truck )