Page 433 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533933 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 433

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Hah, Boyfriend also misses reading time from the Army, and he too played MtG! That's also roughly when he started playing WoW, as being unable to participate in most physical activities (after his back was injured) meant he had A LOT of downtime.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Ha! No, we never tried it up on deck, we only played down below out of the wind. On deck we were reading, sunning, or sailing Or harassing Dad to just let us jump overboard cause there's no wind and we aren't going THAT fast! (mid-summer on the Chesapeake Bay is not good unless you have a teeny tiny boat that only requires a mere breath of wind. We threw lines off the back and "trawled for sharks" with family members as bait frequently. FYI- don't forget to tie a knot at the end of the line. Almost lost Mom to that one )
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hah, Boyfriend also misses reading time from the Army, and he too played MtG! That's also roughly when he started playing WoW, as being unable to participate in most physical activities (after his back was injured) meant he had A LOT of downtime.
    Good use of downtime!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Ha! No, we never tried it up on deck, we only played down below out of the wind. On deck we were reading, sunning, or sailing Or harassing Dad to just let us jump overboard cause there's no wind and we aren't going THAT fast! (mid-summer on the Chesapeake Bay is not good unless you have a teeny tiny boat that only requires a mere breath of wind. We threw lines off the back and "trawled for sharks" with family members as bait frequently. FYI- don't forget to tie a knot at the end of the line. Almost lost Mom to that one )
    Good tip, though I tend to avoid boats if at all possible. Then again, I have a few family members who would make good shark bait...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Avoid boats . . . does not compute. On the other hand, I guess that makes AZ a good state for you I grew up sailing, canoeing, even kayaking a little.

`Nice? It's the ONLY thing,' said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. `Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing,' he went on dreamily: `messing--about--in--boats; messing----'

We even read books about boats (That's The Wind In the Willows in case you haven't had it quoted at you enough times to have it nearly memorized like I have)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Growing up in England I read Wind in the Willows about 3 dozen times. I think it is required for citizenship. And a row boat on the river is fine. It is waves I do not care for as I tend to get violently motion sick and then have a headache for days.

Oh, that's right. Hey- have you heard of the Swallows and Amazons series? We read most of them as a family when we were sailing. They're old, but really good. (Older children's books, so you may or may not have read them)

Gotcha on the motion sickness thing. I'm remarkably immune to it unless I'm already feeling off. Being able to read on long roadtrips is a huge bonus in pre-TV-in-the-car days.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Oh, that's right. Hey- have you heard of the Swallows and Amazons series? We read most of them as a family when we were sailing. They're old, but really good. (Older children's books, so you may or may not have read them)

Gotcha on the motion sickness thing. I'm remarkably immune to it unless I'm already feeling off. Being able to read on long roadtrips is a huge bonus in pre-TV-in-the-car days.
    No, I am not familiar with those. Hmmm...I will have to ask my mom is she is.

Yes, my solution to long car rides is sleep. I get more sleep in cars and planes than in beds. Pro tip...not good if you are the driver.... >.>

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Is that really a New England thing? I read it once, and not for school. I may have known others who did though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Is that really a New England thing? I read it once, and not for school. I may have known others who did though.
    I have no idea what they do in New England. I am more an Old England kinda guy.

Not to be confused with Old English because malt liquor is just wrong.