Page 432 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532932 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 432

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If you didn't see Patrick's recommendation a while back for The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, I can highly recommend it.

I'm about half way through the second book and really enjoying the story.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    If you didn't see Patrick's recommendation a while back for The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, I can highly recommend it.

I'm about half way through the second book and really enjoying the story.
    awesome sauce. I have no idea how I missed that. Well, probably I didn't miss it I just forgot as my memory is le suck. Thanks for the reminder Em.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    My pleasure.

Well, it is official, I need to win the lottery. I've already found $60,000+ worth of books I want to buy today :/

so since that is impossible I spent $30 instead. At this point I may just say to heck with it and collect Canadian quarters.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I need to win the lottery to afford the books- and the time to read them. I picked up a bunch of book suggestions along with the recipes catching up on your journal. Now I need about a year of uninterrupted calm. Hmm- and a flat in Boston so I can haunt their library again.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I need to win the lottery to afford the books- and the time to read them. I picked up a bunch of book suggestions along with the recipes catching up on your journal. Now I need about a year of uninterrupted calm. Hmm- and a flat in Boston so I can haunt their library again.
    That would be great. I must say the best thing about being deployed was the reading time. With no tv, very limited computer usage, and the like any down time became reading time (well, with a little MtG tossed in).

That's one of the things I'm hoping for when I get my gardening/ranch thingie set up. Old books could be tomes because what else were you going to do over the winter when you weren't farming? And if I can get my head back in line I'll have more brain-power to apply to something other than relative fluff

MtG?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    MtG?
    Magic the Gathering. Our company commander was a total nerd and got a comic book store to donate a bunch of starter decks. We started playing in our team room between convoys/guard shifts and it went from there. Speaking of which I need to get off my butt and sell of my magic decks one day.

Ooooh, yeah. Gotcha. My brothers and I discovered that MtG only worked on the sailboat if there wasn't much wind. Heel over just once and poof- all the cards are on the floor. Poker was easier- then you were just chasing pennies

Yes, the game designers didn't really seem to take wind into account when designing the cards