Page 404 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 404

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Smart . . . cooks . . . smart . . . cooks. There are plenty of days when cooks wins
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Smart . . . cooks . . . smart . . . cooks. There are plenty of days when cooks wins
    lol. Yeah, we do compliment each other well. She got all the technical and math smarts, but never let her near a stove.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I believe I promised you recipes:

Son of Grok BBQ Sauce

1 6oz can tomato paste
    1-1.5C beef stock
    3 cloves garlic
    1/2 onion
    2 Tbsp dijon mustard
    2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1 Tbsp EVOO
    1 tsp sea salt
    2 Tbsp chili powder

This wasn't in the directions- but apparently you're supposed to cook together and can/bottle it for future use.

Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup:

Another Budget Friendly Paleo Meal by Erika:

Garlic Roast (NaiadKnight)

Prime Rib
    1 head garlic, sliced
    1 head garlic, pureed with olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper

Stab roast and insert garlic slices. Rub w/ puree. Preheat oven to 500, cook 15 minutes, turn down to 325 until internal temp is 125. Rest 10 minutes.

Heroin Wings (GeoStump)

4# chicken wings
    1/2 C butter

Mix in bowl:
    1/4 C Grated Parmesan
    1/4 C grated Asiago
    1/4 C Grated Romano
    4 Tbsp dried parsley
    1 Tbsp dried oregeno
    2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1/2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper

Preheat to 350. Cook wings 40-45 minutes, 1 hr for drumsticks

(It wasn't noted, but I think you use the butter to stick the cheese mixture to the wings before cooking)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Awww... you quoted one of my not- a- recipe recipes.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I got several from you. Although I think you said after stabbing the meat to insert the garlic into the wounds, but I didn't write it down so I can't swear by it

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I got several from you. Although I think you said after stabbing the meat to insert the garlic into the wounds, but I didn't write it down so I can't swear by it
    Yeah that sounds like NK.

Yeah, I do have a tendency to anthromorphize my recipes, and I vaguely remember the "wounds" comments. I'm still trying to find a primal friendly wrapper for summer rolls, once I find that, I'll put my recipe up in my journal. Wrapped in lettuce just doesn't cut it for me, too messy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm still trying to find a primal friendly wrapper for summer rolls, once I find that, I'll put my recipe up in my journal. Wrapped in lettuce just doesn't cut it for me, too messy.
    Good luck. I haven't found one and you are right, lettuce just does not cut it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I don't have anything to say, so I'll just post more recipes.

Chocolate Crepes (NaiadKnight)

Melt chocolate, stir a little into raw eggs, add water, cook like crepes. Stuff with raw strawberries.

Egg Crepe Chicken Enchiladas (GeoStump)

Crepe:

3 eggs
    1/4C melted butter
    1 Tbsp Nut butter
    1 Tbsp HWC

Melt and cool butter. Blend all ingredients in blender. Thin w/ HWC if necessary. Butter small frying pan and cook like a crepe. Yield 6-7- double for enchiladas.

Filling:

Cook 5-6 chicken breasts w/ fresh salsa, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, water or stock. Cool, shred.

Fry onion and garlic w/ fat until onion is soft. Add chicken and some of above. Add jarred sauce and chopped green chilis. Simmer. Add sharp chedder (apparently this is optional).

Preheat oven to 350. Fill crepes w/ chicken. Cover w/cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Apparently they freeze well.

Chicken Marinades- not sure who gets credit for each:

beer, lemon juice/zest, garlic, onion, chili, salt, pepper
    beer, lemon juice/zest, lemon pepper
    Olive oil, vinegar, worchestershire sauce, orange and lime juice, jerk mix

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good luck. I haven't found one and you are right, lettuce just does not cut it.
    THe rice wrappers I use aren't horrid, aside from the rice (rice, salt, tapioca are all that's in them), and I've been toying with the idea of replacing the rice with shredded nori, if I ever find a recipe for the damn things.
    My Primal Battle Tome