Page 4 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 4

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenny did a good job on the pic. Thinking about doing that for halloween.
    They have no sense. That's the only reason they're in power. It's the Peter/ Dilbert principle.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    True. I would like to rise to my level of incompetence one day. Sadly though, with my overactive sense of self-worth I'd have to be President

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I wouldn't want to be President. Too much face time and notoriety. I want to be the chick behind the scenes, pulling the strings and writing the speeches.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, lunch plans changed due to a meeting so I grabbed a chicken burrito. I ate teh chicken with some sour cream and ditched the tortilla.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Sounds tasty.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That reminds me, I really should make chicken enchiladas with egg crepes. Those things are really good.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Sounds tasty.

Yeah, it was good. One of the benefits of living this close to Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That reminds me, I really should make chicken enchiladas with egg crepes. Those things are really good.

That reminds me, I should ask you to post the recipe...so please post the recipe

Speaking of recipies... So last night in class we are smoking meat (I'm taking Garde Manger - basically, cold foods, apetizers, sausage making, smoking etc) and out of no where chef goes, "So what, you guys are just going to toss some meat on a plate and call it done?" Well, damn. None of us had planned to do anything with the meat besides eat it and grunt. So scrambling around the kitchen, looking at the limited things available (it seemed like everything usable was 'for someone's midterm' ugh) I snagged some parsnips and made a parsnip puree. It was simple as hell, but damn was it good with the smoked porkchops. The sweet and smokey worked together very well.

Parsnips (boiled in chicken broth then drained)
    Heavy Cream
    Butter

(put above in a blender and blend until smooth)

S&P to taste
    chopped/minced green onion

stir the above into the blended stuff.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Now I may have to try the parsnips. Never had them before.

Ok canio, just for you: Egg Crepe Chicken Enchiladas

I cook about 5-6 chicken boobs in fresh hot salsa, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, and some water or stock to get the flavors mixed everywhere. Once the chicken is cooked, I let it cool off then shred. In a frying pan I add fat, garlic and onion and let cook until onion is soft, add the chicken and some of the stuff it cooked in. I use jarred sauce(Kroger has an excellent fire-roasted sauce that has 1g of sugar in it) and also add in some chopped green chilis. Let this simmer for a bit and add some sharp cheddar cheese* if you so desired. Set aside

Egg crepes

3 eggs
    1/4 cup butter melted
    1 tbsp nut butter
    1tbsp HWC

After butter is melted and cooled, in your blender add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Add 1-2 more tbsp of HWC if you feel like the batter needs thinned a bit. Butter up a small pan really well and add some of the mixture to the pan and cook like you would any crepe. Be sure to flip the crepe so it holds its shape. This batch makes about 6-7 crepes. I usually double the recipe for enchiladas.

Fill crepes with chicken mixture, roll and place in baking dish. Have oven preh-heated to 350. Cover enchiladas with cheese* and bake 20 min or until all the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, salsa, guac, whatever you like
    Georgette