Page 384 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484884 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 384

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I don't have the self-control to really do it, but I like to think I could.
    Eh, I have always thought the 'well, I just wont sleep with him' to be the biggest biatch move ever. As a dude, I would hope you were better than that. Actually I have always considered it code for 'please f*ck my sister' but I have been accused of misinterpreting these things.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Eh, I have always thought the 'well, I just wont sleep with him' to be the biggest biatch move ever. As a dude, I would hope you were better than that. Actually I have always considered it code for 'please f*ck my sister' but I have been accused of misinterpreting these things.
    Yeah, I talk big...as for the sister deal, don't ever, ev-ver do that, and tell her. It will make all family gatherings pretty awkward.

I think I ruined the crazy thread. I'm sorry guys...and I was just kidding about the sister thing, too.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I got bored on page 22. Funny that the OP came back in and clarified it (and it really wasn't such a big deal, just her expressing a moment of frustration that "normally" people would be all "lol me 2" about) on page 18 and the damn thing is about 3x bigger now.

That kind of stuff really makes me want to distance myself from the primal/paleo labels. Feels too vulnerable, like how people pick on Wiccans because it's "not a real religion" if that makes any sense. I don't describe myself as such (paleo) in most conversations (work, family friends), but family and friends do because it's simpler, though it doesn't aptly describe how I eat anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

There's not many labels I like to associate myself with, publicly anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Yeah, I talk big...as for the sister deal, don't ever, ev-ver do that, and tell her. It will make all family gatherings pretty awkward.
    Oh, I never would. I just figured it was a weak threat. It seems like it is basically pushing things that way. That said, good luck if you ever get into that situation. I'd be interested to see if you could go a month
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That kind of stuff really makes me want to distance myself from the primal/paleo labels. Feels too vulnerable, like how people pick on Wiccans because it's "not a real religion" if that makes any sense. I don't describe myself as such (paleo) in most conversations (work, family friends), but family and friends do because it's simpler, though it doesn't aptly describe how I eat anyway.

if it helps, primal isn't a real religion either

kidding, and you are right. The labels get rather ridiculous. I just say "I try to eat real food, not processed stuff."

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    primal isn't a real religion either
    Blasphemy!!! All kneel at the alter of Sisson!!!

I'm kind of partial to those "Hi, my name is:" labels, but not much more other than that. I never actually use the words primal or paleo outside of the primal or paleo community.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

As long as the phrase doesn't go, "Hi, my name is skink and I am a primalholic."

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Man!
    I have seen your voracious post for the longest time!
    (Nice one!)

I introduce myself as "Paleo Charlie" all the time!
    If folks get it, great! If not they will. Eventually.
    We all get there, some sooner than others (comedy!). Some, never (tragedy!)
    soga'imiti!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 05-21-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007