Page 370 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 370

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    you were comped for that, right? not saying it doesn't suck, just wondering.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    you were comped for that, right? not saying it doesn't suck, just wondering.
    Yeah, we are paid OT. And 'the money is nice' we keep getting told. The truth is we are all just tired of working. So tired + bleh = self-pity

I am not helping myself by going to school 4 nights a week. Oh well. The good news is that come Wednesday I am done with school for a while.

just felt like bitching a bit.

Edit: the annoying part is that we really have no choice with the OT. Even if we do not want to work, here were are. Then they act as if they are doing us a favor because we get paid OT. Nah, how about I actually get more than one day off a week? At one point I worked 23 days in a row, had one day off then worked 21 more. It does not build job satisfaction.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Oh, and yes, to those MDA friends looking for jobs this probably looks like one of those "STFU at least you have a job moments." I agree, it is probably insensitive of me. My apologies.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Oh no, you're allowed to gripe and look for a job. Hell, I'm still looking for a permanent job if I don't go back to school by the end of the year.
    Last edited by geostump; 05-07-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Georgette

no that';s not what i meant. just making sure they're not doing anything illegal. that does suck, i wish they'd hire more people so you could catch a break.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pfft. You have the job, you're allowed to bitch about it. I fail to see how that has to do with me being unemployed.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Pfft. You have the job, you're allowed to bitch about it. I fail to see how that has to do with me being unemployed.
    Thanks. I just do not want to be offend anyone, well, anyone I like. Fuck the rest of the world

As one who is generally skeptical of mental illnesses (aka an asshole) why the frack do doctors/pill producers insist on giving these disorders names that make them sound even less believable? Sure, lack of sunlight might make you depressed but calling it SAD just makes people like me think it is made up. Can't talk to people, sure I can see that being a real problem...call it (the other) SAD and suddenly I think you are a joke. Help me not be a jerk medical people, please.

lol, okay.

not taking any of this personally, so don't worry about being a jerk. but i dealt with SAD (social anxiety). never diagnosed, so maybe it doesn't count. i tried seeing a doctor about it once when i was 16 (took a lot of courage to talk about it) and she completely dismissed me and claimed that i was lucky because guys like it when you blush. anyway, i went from being a gregarious kid who loved school, to being a very anxious kid who still loved school but hated talking to people. actually, i liked talking to people, but usually when someone spoke to me i would get very anxious and turn beet red, so i started to hate it when people talked to me. the issue wasn't school or my social life (i still was great in school and extracurricular activities, and had friends), it was home. my mother was going through some major health issues, and took it out on me on a daily basis. as soon as i walked in the door, she let in on me, and usually about nothing. i was an A-student holding down three part-time jobs and still involved in extra-curricular stuff, and she literally told me that i was worthless and meaningless to the family, on a regular basis. i couldn't do anything about how she treated me (i found it easiest simply not to engage her, to wait through the verbal assaults, and then go to my room as soon as it was over and stay there for any length of time that i had to actually be at home).

anyway, i believe this was the cause of my social anxiety and low-self worth. i'm still dealing with it now, almost 10 years after moving out (i graduated early and left a month later). but i do believe it's a true disorder, it's a physiological response that i can't actually control. the only thing i can control are my thoughts and how i respond to it when it happens. it still influences the things that i choose to do, like speak out in class during group discussions (i still do on occasion, but only when i've having a good day). i hope it doesn't impact my work life once i graduate. sooo...you might think "it" isn't a true disorder, but i still deal with whatever "it" is.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is not real, only that the cute/clever names they give some disorders makes them less believable. Also, again, not saying what you have is not real, I am sure it is, but is being told you are worthless by your mom, believing it, and having it affect you later a mental illness? I have no idea. Many people deal with low self-esteem. Many do it without it being a diagnosed disorder (much like you have). I guess it boils down to the medical establishment/big pharma rushing to make everything a disorder/illness so they can market a 'cure' for it that bugs me.