Page 362 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 362

  1. #3611
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    It's pretty disgusting and unnecessary. The story was brilliant and no one had sex in it. People just died unexpectedly ;D
    Count on Hollywood to make it lewd in order to appeal to the brainless masses

    Y_Y
    I did enjoy the books and have read all several times. That said, no sex in it? Really? Which version did you read? The sex was not described but it happened all the time. The books contain rape (male and female), incest, consensual sex, sex for money, sex for favors, sex for power, sex for manipulation, sex with minors (by modern standards not by medieval). So again, no sex?

    Given that, I would prefer if HBO could find a way to do it without all the sex, much of it is unnecessary. However, given that the author is there with them and even writing some of it, I would presume he is either A) okay with it or B) there is no better way to get 100 pages of back story into 3 minutes of screen time.

    Do I think the best way to show that character A (name with held for spoilers) is a Dbag by having him tell a hooker a story about having another whore cut up/abused/murdered just because she wont work? No. I think it was pretty crappy. That said, I understand they need to find a way to show he is a Dbag. That is how I explain why it was there. I am not saying I agree, only that I understand.

    Is the show perfect? No, especially this season. I think Shae is useless, Rose has no reason to exist, much of the back story is missing including everything about John, did the Grand Maester scene need a naked chick in it? Perhaps not but in the book that scene had a naked chick in it so... Peter runs a whore house...is there nudity on every page no, but it is there. Shae and Tyrion fuck like rabbits. Cerse fucks every man she needs to use. So while I can do without the sex (not a big fan of sex to be honest) I don't mind the nudity and am not writing off the entire show because of a tit or six.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  2. #3612
    Patrick's Avatar
    Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    God, no wonder all those douchebag guys I talk to rave about it ;/ It all makes sense now. I was impressed because I thought they liked the same books I did.
    How naive.
    I have to admit that all I'm wondering from what you wrote is why you spend any time at all talking to douchebags.

    The GoT show goes further than it needs to, I agree. Frankly, if a person wants to be awash in blood and sex, watch Spartacus. (Though that show demonstrates an awesome example of nudity vs sexuality, and quickly one can replace the other.)

    Anyhoo... like Jon, I'm not really affected by the sex. It usually makes me laugh, actually, because all I can picture are the 30 other people who are all standing just off camera, angling lights, holding booms, checking monitors, etc. It's almost enough to make me piss myself, just thinking about that freakin' odd juxtaposition between the actors on screen and the crew.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

    Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

  3. #3613
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,304
    Geez guys, you should post spoiler alert. Now I know all about the sex scenes...and who's watching
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

  4. #3614
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    It's pretty disgusting and unnecessary. The story was brilliant and no one had sex in it. People just died unexpectedly ;D
    Count on Hollywood to make it lewd in order to appeal to the brainless masses.

    God, no wonder all those douchebag guys I talk to rave about it ;/ It all makes sense now. I was impressed because I thought they liked the same books I did.
    How naive.

    This is probably why I watch 90s sci-fi. Or the really good tv show that end up getting cancelled after the first season.
    I'm glad I don't have a tv.

    *steps off soapbox*
    *tries to storm off with dignity but falls*

    Y_Y
    i did the same thing after i saw the rape scene in the first season.

    having NOT seen anything from the second season yet, i have to say that i really like sex scenes. maybe i won't, though, after i finally get to watch this season.

    patrick, that's kind of funny. reminds me of the epiphany i had about porn. i used to feel really threatened and offended by it, i don't look anything like those girls and the fact that a SO might be watching and jerking off to it really hurt. almost like "well, hey, does he actually expect me to look like that? does acting like that turn him on?" almost like that was the real thing and i just didn't measure up. then i watched tons of porn, and after a while i really realized the farce. the repetitive thrusting and the attempts to hide the bored looks. oh and the timing of their vocalizations make me wonder how many of these girls have actually enjoyed sex. anyway, what i'm saying is, although i've always known that most porn is fake, i finally *feel* how fake it is. not sure i want that same epiphany when it comes to movies/TV, because then it's not as fun to watch.

  5. #3615
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,776
    Thing is, if you watch ANY of the HBO dramas(and some of the comedies) sex is shown A LOT. True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, Hung. All of these show sex and some of it isn't pretty. Its on a premium cable channel. It appeals to a certain audience and unfortunately, they throw the sex in like they do to appeal the masses as it is telling a visual story.
    Georgette

  6. #3616
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    off to Tucson to buy some stuff for my final and to eat Bosnian food. Oh tasty meats, how do I love thee, let me count the ways..1001, 1002....
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  7. #3617
    NoSaladWithoutMeat's Avatar
    NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I did enjoy the books and have read all several times. That said, no sex in it? Really? Which version did you read? The sex was not described but it happened all the time. The books contain rape (male and female), incest, consensual sex, sex for money, sex for favors, sex for power, sex for manipulation, sex with minors (by modern standards not by medieval). So again, no sex?

    Given that, I would prefer if HBO could find a way to do it without all the sex, much of it is unnecessary. However, given that the author is there with them and even writing some of it, I would presume he is either A) okay with it or B) there is no better way to get 100 pages of back story into 3 minutes of screen time.

    Do I think the best way to show that character A (name with held for spoilers) is a Dbag by having him tell a hooker a story about having another whore cut up/abused/murdered just because she wont work? No. I think it was pretty crappy. That said, I understand they need to find a way to show he is a Dbag. That is how I explain why it was there. I am not saying I agree, only that I understand.

    Is the show perfect? No, especially this season. I think Shae is useless, Rose has no reason to exist, much of the back story is missing including everything about John, did the Grand Maester scene need a naked chick in it? Perhaps not but in the book that scene had a naked chick in it so... Peter runs a whore house...is there nudity on every page no, but it is there. Shae and Tyrion fuck like rabbits. Cerse fucks every man she needs to use. So while I can do without the sex (not a big fan of sex to be honest) I don't mind the nudity and am not writing off the entire show because of a tit or six.
    I read it when I was really young. My point is it doesn't need to be explicit. Sex is obviously part of human life, even in fantasy fiction, but that is not what I got from the story. Watching the show is like watching porn with a back story, it's distracting. When the plot takes the backseat (there's a pun here somewhere) it's disappointing. I'm sure 99% of the straight male population finds this a welcome feature, but I don't.

    This is probably me being disgruntled with the reality that sex is so prevalent on the television that I have to shield my eyes if I watch it past 9pm (or scrub myself in the shower if I saw a lady gaga music video). Horror is probably my favourite genre, but since its mostly geared towards the male population including gratuitous nudity seems to be necessary at every fucking blockbuster.

    It's just a matter of opinion: I prefer reading them. The characters in my imagination are better actors anyway.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

    Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

  8. #3618
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    It's just a matter of opinion: I prefer reading them. The characters in my imagination are better actors anyway.
    On this we agree 100%

    edit: and since I watch maybe 3-4 shows only one of which is on after 9pm I guess I miss much of the inundation of sex on TV. I have no doubt it is there; I just do not have to put up with it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  9. #3619
    NoSaladWithoutMeat's Avatar
    NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i did the same thing after i saw the rape scene in the first season.

    having NOT seen anything from the second season yet, i have to say that i really like sex scenes. maybe i won't, though, after i finally get to watch this season.

    patrick, that's kind of funny. reminds me of the epiphany i had about porn. i used to feel really threatened and offended by it, i don't look anything like those girls and the fact that a SO might be watching and jerking off to it really hurt. almost like "well, hey, does he actually expect me to look like that? does acting like that turn him on?" almost like that was the real thing and i just didn't measure up. then i watched tons of porn, and after a while i really realized the farce. the repetitive thrusting and the attempts to hide the bored looks. oh and the timing of their vocalizations make me wonder how many of these girls have actually enjoyed sex. anyway, what i'm saying is, although i've always known that most porn is fake, i finally *feel* how fake it is. not sure i want that same epiphany when it comes to movies/TV, because then it's not as fun to watch.
    I'm totally with you on the porn thing; it's a mix between unbridled feminism and a really damaged self-esteem. The guy I dated was like addicted (or so he claimed) and I couldn't deal with it. I don't get it. To me the need to look/ want someone else means you're not satisfied. And if I can be completely emotionally and physically faithful and not even look at other people (why bother?), then there must be a person in the world who is capable of the same thing. So my tactic is to find someone like that [a.k.a remain single forever...].

    It's probably just a side effect of our lazy society. People don't even have the imagination to get themselves off, they need to watch these ridiculous caricatures of sex. I can't even watch porn with a straight face... It's so ridiculous, the guy is probably gay, the girl is probably bored.

    The sad thing I live in such a sexualized city (oh the French), and college girls think nothing of paying for school by stripping or being exotic masseuses. I hate what this world is becoming! I probably don't belong in this century.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

    Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

  10. #3620
    NoSaladWithoutMeat's Avatar
    NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I have to admit that all I'm wondering from what you wrote is why you spend any time at all talking to douchebags.
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!! I was trying to remember what the second show they raved about was: Spartacus!!! Thanks ;3 The thing is I never know they're douchebags because I'm always genuinely interested in people and don't realize they're douchebags until later on. Since I had no idea what GOT and Spartacus were about, I was almost duped into watching them...!
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

    Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •