Page 36 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846861365361036 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 36

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I need more kitchen tools. Good knives are a godsend. My husband steals all my good knives and keeps them in the garage.
    Holy christ. I have one simple rule in my house, no one touches my knives but me. It is amusing when friends visit and bring their new GFs, "Just to warn you..uh, don't touch his knives."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Our kitchen is stocked to the gills and we still keep finding things we can't live without. Usually a good knife or a decent pan, but I broke down and bought another silicon baking mat recently.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    See, I'm that way with my cast iron. Geek doesn't want to deal with them and I can't trust anyone else not to do something stupid.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    See, I'm that way with my cast iron. Geek doesn't want to deal with them and I can't trust anyone else not to do something stupid.
    Amen. That said, I need to get to work on mine. My skillet is jacked up and I need to reseason that sob.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've never used cast iron before. #1, I have no clue how to season and am afraid that if I tried the pan would be ruined. #2 my own mother even said that they were a PITA. I need some new knives, maybe I should invest in a safe.
    Georgette

Cast iron when properly seasoned is great. I just messed mine up like an idiot on the skillet and need to get off my ass and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Cast iron when properly seasoned is great. I just messed mine up like an idiot on the skillet and need to get off my ass and fix it.
    That's what I'm afraid would happen with us. I know food tastes better on cast iron but non-stick is easier to use and clean up is a breeze. I know about the chemicals on non-stick but dammit at times I don't mind that.
    Georgette

That's what I'm afraid would happen with us. I know food tastes better on cast iron but non-stick is easier to use and clean up is a breeze. I know about the chemicals on non-stick but dammit at times I don't mind that.

Yes, convenience is definitely a big factor. It's why I use paper plates.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yes, convenience is definitely a big factor. It's why I use paper plates.
    I use them too! Until the kids learn how to take care of good stuff, I'm not worrying about it.
    Georgette

I use them too! Until the kids learn how to take care of good stuff, I'm not worrying about it.
    I'm just lazy. I don't have the kids excuse though honestly if I had kids to wash dishes perhaps I would use real ones.