Page 357 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457857 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 357

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Actually, I just collect the ones I like. If I read a book and enjoy it I try to grab the signed first before it gets popular and explodes in price. You can usually get newer releases for less than $50. Heck, I think I got A Feast for Crows (Song of Ice and Fire IV) for less than $20 when it was first released.
    Those prices aren't bad for a signed first edition. Actually pretty damn cheap.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Aw, nostalgia. I started reading song of ice and fire when I was about 16. I was completely enthralled.

I refuse to watch game of thrones. It makes me thing of this:
    SNL Explains the Nudity in Game of Thrones

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    When you guys are done reading A Song of Fire and Ice (or if you are already done), you need to grab The First Law Trilogy. I actually like it more than A Song of Ice and Fire, though for different reasons. Joe Abercrombie is awesome and his pacing is exceptional. If you want a taste of his work, buy The Heroes. It'll take you all of a few pages to be an addict. It's a stand-alone and although it follows The First Law Trilogy (and Best Served Cold) chronologically, you don't really ruin anything by reading it first. I actually read all his books in reverse order and loved 'em, maybe more than I would have reading them chronologically.

Anyway. So if you guys are looking for a great fantasy author, Abercrombie rules.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I will have to check him out. I have a long list of books to read/write but my skyrim addiction taking up my few hours of free time.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Guild Wars 2 first open beta this weekend. SQUEEEE!!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Guild Wars 2 first open beta this weekend. SQUEEEE!!
    AMG no. I have just about quit WoW and never will Jon and an MMO meet again.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm counting days to the D3 release, myself.
    On the topic of signed, first edition, etc: I have a signed copy of the first novel release of Stephen King's "Colorado Kid." Picked it up at a used bookstore for $5. Guy didn't realize it's one of the harder SK's to get your hands on, let alone signed, and didn't realize that SK didn't sign the cover page, but the first page of the book in this one.
    Got my mom a signed copy of IT for a song last Christmas and got my grandfather not just a copy of an incredibly rare opera (only one run of tapes was ever made), but a copy of it's forerunner, with a signed case by the lead soprano on the former. Go eBay ($50.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've got a signed Philip K. Dick hardcover and a signed William Gibson hardcover (no, not Neuromancer). Otherwise, my favourite book is my first edition paperback of "Only Forward," my favouritest book ever.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    I have a signed first edition Primal Blueprint Cookbook. Does that count for anything?
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I actually like it more than A Song of Ice and Fire,
    Blasphemy!

Abercrombie rules.
    Mad TV - Abercrombie Skits - YouTube

[Augh, it has come to this. My mind is plagued with automatic SNL/ MadTV references ;s]