Page 34 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644841345341034 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 34

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've had the book since 2008. Everytime I start to read the book, something happens in my life where I never get to finish it and so it just gets put aside. I've tried to read it 5 times, good book, but life gets hectic again so I put it down.
    If my life ever gets so hectic I can't finish a book in 3 years, I'm shutting off everything and re-evaluating my life.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    If my life ever gets so hectic I can't finish a book in 3 years, I'm shutting off everything and re-evaluating my life.
    That is my life.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, my home PC has taken a dive. I was watching Castle on my GF's computer and mine was just sitting there (Firefox was open but nothing else was running) when I got the blue screen of death. I restarted and it goes through the whole boot up, do you want to start in safe mode/normal thing and works a little more to boot up then nothing. I tried again this morning - same thing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Run C Cleaner and a hard scrub antivirus (AVG does nicely if you set it correctly.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Run C Cleaner and a hard scrub antivirus (AVG does nicely if you set it correctly.)
    I have kapersky (spelling?) and have never noticed a virus issue. The problem right now is getting the thing to boot up. It wont do it in normal mode. I hit enter for start on normal mode thing and the computer does it's thing and my monitor goes to sleep. It was doing the same (minus the bsod) a few months back and I took it to be service. They sprayed it with air and said all was fine with it. I have no idea what C Cleaner is (not a computer guy). How do I run anythign if the damned thing never fully boots up?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Sounds almost like what happened on our pc. If you lived here, I could get have a buddy of ours work on it and have it back to you in a day. I feel your pain.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Try safe mode. Since it's BSOD, it's software, not hardware (usually.) All the same, crack her open when you get a chance and see what kind of dust/ gunk buildup you may have and see you see anything that looks charred or smells burnt. If a fan's not running for one reason or another, that could do it too. If you can't get CCleaner (crap cleaner, checks for registry errors, malware, all that, its free) installed in safe mode, let me know and I can try and move on, tech support wise, from there.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Last time the fan was working like a helicopter so I thought it was over heating. They cleaned out the inside and I guess that worked, but that was about 2 months back. I can't imagine that being the case again especially since there was no fan noise this time.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Try safe mode. Since it's BSOD, it's software, not hardware (usually.) All the same, crack her open when you get a chance and see what kind of dust/ gunk buildup you may have and see you see anything that looks charred or smells burnt. If a fan's not running for one reason or another, that could do it too. If you can't get CCleaner (crap cleaner, checks for registry errors, malware, all that, its free) installed in safe mode, let me know and I can try and move on, tech support wise, from there.
    Thanks! I will give that a try when I get home. Actually I will call the GF and see if she can do it, since she actually is a computer person. Though compared to me most small dogs are computer people.

PrimalCon New York
    I just found out last week that if you have an air compressor, you can just use that to clean out the pc. For me that's cheaper and more convenient than using canned air.