a genetics text
    an organic chem text
    War and Peace
    Plato's complete Writings
    The Tempest- Shakespeare
    Buddhism- OSHO
    Trail of Tears: The rise and Fall of the Cherokee Nation
    Q is for Quantum
    and several others I'm not thinknig of right now. And that's not even counting the 16 bajillion rereads i'm in the middle of.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Really? I think the smell is great. I guess it is all a matter of taste though.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I love the smell. Then again, I'm the woman that hates mayo and a lot of forms of coconut, so...
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    In the middle of is a different animal. Not counting rereads:
    GCBC
    Quicksilver- Neal Stephenson
    How We Die
    November of the Soul- The enigma of Suicide
    The Magicians
    a genetics text
    an organic chem text
    War and Peace
    Plato's complete Writings
    The Tempest- Shakespeare
    Buddhism- OSHO
    Trail of Tears: The rise and Fall of the Cherokee Nation
    Q is for Quantum
    and several others I'm not thinknig of right now. And that's not even counting the 16 bajillion rereads i'm in the middle of.
    Never been a Stephenson fan though Anathem (?) was good. My GF loves Diamond Age but I couldn't get into it. Yeah, I don't count rereads either. I have a rotating Pratchett reread pile. I need to reread the Ice and Fire books before June. There are also a couple of classics I want to read but have to get off my ass and go to the bookstore/Amazon.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I have a rotating Stephen King and Robert Heinlein pile or rereads. I need to pick up the Dark Tower series again.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I love the smell. Then again, I'm the woman that hates mayo and a lot of forms of coconut, so...
    I hate mayo can handle most coconut but not the milk.

Really? I think the smell is great. I guess it is all a matter of taste though.
    When I was pregnant with my oldest, we lived in an apartment and the couple next door were Indian, cooked a lot of curry and when they did, I couldn't eat at home. The smell filled our apartment for days. Total food aversion. Thank God, I was already fat to begin with or Caitlyn would have gained next to nothing that pregnancy. I have never tried Indian food or curry of any kind. Still to this day, the smell kills me.
    Georgette

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I am lucky if I read one book a year. I have a book that I have been trying to read for 3 years at home.
    This statement confuses the hell outta me.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

The smell filled our apartment for days. Total food aversion.
    Ah, that makes sense. I can see why that would be an issue.

Yeah, I have a rotating Stephen King and Robert Heinlein pile or rereads. I need to pick up the Dark Tower series again.

That's a series I have always intended to read. I need to deploy again. I read so much while in Iraq. Heinlein I read a ton while younger but haven't read anything outside of Stranger, Starship Troopers, and Moon is a Harsh Mistress in 10+ years.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I am lucky if I read one book a year. I have a book that I have been trying to read for 3 years at home.
    I've had the book since 2008. Everytime I start to read the book, something happens in my life where I never get to finish it and so it just gets put aside. I've tried to read it 5 times, good book, but life gets hectic again so I put it down.
    Georgette