Page 31 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341811315311031 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 31

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We have a chinese restaurant. I forget out about the BBQ place here. Damn good stuff.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, it was not the best primal week ever but I lost a pound which puts me at 30 total. So yay, I lost my first 10% on the PBP. Time to start my second. The good news being that 10% this time is only 27 pounds.

Dinner last night was a paleo chicken curry recipe. It was damned good though I did eat about 1/2 cup of white rice with it.

Lunch today will be left over chicken. Dinner is out with a friend and will probably be a steak and some veggies.

I am completely tired of my job. I was told that in August I am being replaced - not because I am doing a bad job but because they have to fit someone else in a job and mine is the least hassle to them. So I will be bumped back to supervising a shift, which is annoying but okay I guess. I just do not like how they are doing it. It also pisses me off he will be paid 15K more than me for the same job.

I got my evaluation and it pissed me off. I got several 2s, which means satisfactory but is not the best (1 is the best). I do not mind getting a 2 but do not put a comment that says, "Provides excellent training. Could not be better." and then give me a 2. If it could not be better it would be a 1. Morons. I asked what I can do to improve to get 1s and was told, "Nothing. I just want to show that you showed improvement." Sighs.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Here, have some bacon. Care to join me in a Sweeney Todd Special?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Here, have some bacon. Care to join me in a Sweeney Todd Special?

Sounds like a plan. Hmm..now you mention it, I have not eaten bacon in over a week. No wonder I am pissy. Any luck on getting time to yourself?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I got some yesterday afternoon. That and some tears of rage later and I'm feeling a lot better.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm feeling a lot better.

Good. Veg time is important. Tears of rage are not too shabby either. After work Saturday I vegged out watching pretty much all of Firefly. Damned good show. Too bad Fox jacked it up and got it cancelled.

Yeah, I curled up with a new book that's been sitting on the coffee table for the better part of a month. It's actually really good. It's like someone took Narnia and Harry Potter, slammed 'em together, added some adultness, sex, and raw emotion, and threw in some pure awesomeness.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yeah, I curled up with a new book that's been sitting on the coffee table for the better part of a month. It's actually really good. It's like someone took Narnia and Harry Potter, slammed 'em together, added some adultness, sex, and raw emotion, and threw in some pure awesomeness.
    Now I am intrigued. Which book is that? I need to get off my ass, or on it I guess, and reread the Ice and Fire books now that Dances with Dragons is finally coming out.

The Magicians by Lev Grossman. I'm 3/4 of the way through and loving it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

The Magicians by Lev Grossman. I'm 3/4 of the way through and loving it.
    Nice. I've heard the name and will have to pick it up on my next book order. Thanks.