Page 30 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240801305301030 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 30

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    There's a stuffed grilled shroom I make for the Guys. Well, 2 variations.
    Var.1
    Mix together raw egg, cheddar cheese, and diced jalapeno (optional). Fill shroom caps with mixture and wrap with bacon. Grill until bacon is done.
    Var. 2
    Similar to pepper poppers, just use shrooms and mix the cream cheese with diced jalapeno or salsa.
    Those sound good, but the girls and I love crab. Maybe I could grill those?
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Done that variation too. Stuff with crabcake type mixture.
    Crabcake (for four HUGE crabcakes):
    coconut flour 1c
    eggs 2
    rotel- 1 small can with juices, or peppers, onions, and tomatos
    1 lb crab (well, when weighed shell on) (I don't know about Krab, I despise the stuff)
    enough water to turn it into a globby mess
    Mix well and create said globby mess. Bake at 350* until done (your preference on how doughy you like your cakes is the catch here.)

For the shroom caps, stuff each cap with crabcake mix and wrap with bacon. Grill.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    (I don't know about Krab, I despise the stuff)
    Are you talking about imitation crab? I've yet to find a brand that was gluten-free, so we use real crab.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Are you talking about imitation crab? I've yet to find a brand that was gluten-free, so we use real crab.
    That makes my kids sad that the fake stuff isn't gluten free. I don't buy it anymore.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That makes my kids sad that the fake stuff isn't gluten free. I don't buy it anymore.
    I'm not a big fan of immitation crab. It just looks weird to me. Though my favorite restaurant in town is switching to steak/seafood and will be flying in fresh fish every day. I am so stoked.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

That sounds awesome. There are a few places like that in Columbus.
    Georgette

We got really lucky really to have 3 decent restaurants in town, given that this town is not large at all. Two have been here forever and are run by retirees who decided to become chefs. The other opened about 2 years ago and the Chef/Owner is the brother of the guy who won the first season of Hell's Kitchen. His food rocks and he and his wife are genuinely nice people. He comes out and talks to every customer, supports local growers, gives gift certs to charity for auctions/raffles etc. For example, he did a special event (5 courses) using only local meat/produce and all the proceeds went to teh food co-op.

He opened it as an Italian place since the town didn't have one, but is switching because we had another Italian place open 6 months ago and Olive Garden opens this month. To be honest, it was his non-Italian dishes that were good so I am totally in favor of the change. We went there for New Year's Eve dinner and I asked the waitress, "How's the fish?" She siad, "Two days ago it was swimming off the coast of Hawaii." Yeah, it was awesome.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

The only place we have in our little hick town is a hole in the wall diner that isn't very good. Oh yeah, 3 pizza places and fast food.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Odessa has a lot for a town with just shy of 100,000 people. Andrews... Do you want Mexican, bad Mexican, deep fried Tex- Mex, deepfried Southern, pizza, or fast food? 'Cause those are your options.
    ETA: Whup, forgot the oversoyed, old, oversugared chinese buffet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ETA: Whup, forgot the oversoyed, old, oversugared chinese buffet.

Yes, we have 3 of those. Honestly, I have yet to find a chinese buffet that did not fit that description.