Page 3 of 1073 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 3

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Food for today:

B: Double Tall Latte - yeah, been one of those days already, so I spent $3 at Starbucks.
    L: Leftover Rivvin Surprise
    D: Spaghetti Sauce w/ scallops over spaghetti squash

It's only 0820 and I am already pissed off. Being a supervisor sometimes really is not so great, and while I am about as Conservative as they come politically would someone let the idiots on talk radio know that not every freaking government employee is overpaid?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    **Hands canio some bacon to calm the savage beast**
    Georgette

Thanks Georgette. Between hiring freezes, union grievences, mandatory training, and being chronically understaffed I can use all the bacon I can get.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I really should start keeping some already cooked bacon at work just for stressful moments.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Honey, you're preaching to the choir. I worked state and local government. Making 2/3- half of what you'd make private sector does not qualify as overpaid.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Honey, you're preaching to the choir. I worked state and local government. Making 2/3- half of what you'd make private sector does not qualify as overpaid.
    More venting to the choir It just drives me crazy. Hiring, raises (including cost of living), and promotions are all frozen but at the end of every fiscal year they spend money like drunken monkeys. At the end of last fiscal year they spent enough money in one week (use it or lose it!) to pay the salaries of the 10 people I am short.

I was laid off from the city because of budget cuts. They then turned around and hired more people in accounting and the city managers office (the two departments that DON'T need more people) and engineering was ordered to replace the (empty) 2nd surveyor position (rodman, the equivalent of an EIT to an RPLS) with someone at the salary they were paying ME. And they gave my boss's do nothing boss a $10K raise for cutting his budget above and beyond what was necessary.
    I was pissed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'd imagine so, but that seems to be the way with government. They'll hire 4 more secretaries at the school board office (at salaries 10K higher than teachers) and lay off 20 teachers. The people who need the help get jack, but some how the headshed is always understaffed. I guess a second assistant coffee maker and paper shredder operator is more important than an engineer.

I guess so.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I guess so.
    It kind of makes you wonder if the powers that be ever had any sense at all. Sweet avatar pic btw. I had no idea it was 'shopped until you mentioned it in another thread.