Page 297 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 297

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri288 View Post
    This reminds me...I need to cook bacon and chicken tonight.
    Yes, you do. Then mail me some.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

You know what I like about spammers. It rhymes with notagoddamnedthing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    It looks as if we all got a double shot of spam last night. Honestly, I prefer tequila.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    It looks as if we all got a double shot of spam last night. Honestly, I prefer tequila.
    Double shot of spam. Nice. Got hit too.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Me too. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Double shot of spam. Nice. Got hit too.
    I think we all did.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I managed to dodge the spammers yesterday.
    I still think that anyone trying to add a photo to a post should be made to answer a captcha. Hell, I think we'd capture most of them just requiring it to create an acct.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    They should be using Captcha for registration, never mind photo posting. I've already sent an email, and for every spammer I report I write the same bloody thing:

"Spammer. Again. Use a goddamn Captcha for registration."
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Well, I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in years. I realized a few things. Firstly, squats take way more coordination than I currently possess. That said, I need someone there who knows wtf they are doing to let me know if I am doing them correctly. My buddy tried to tell me but doing it his way hurt my back just squatting the bar. At that point I said screw that given there was definitely something wrong with the form he was telling me was 'correct'.

I need to work on upper body strength. I was just kind of doing what he was doing so we did lat pull downs starting at 50 pounds - set of 10 - add 10 pounds -continue. I crapped out at 100 pounds. weak. On the bench we did the same and I stopped at 155 because my back was getting really tight which makes no sense since it is a chest exercise. Perhaps it had to do with the failed squat attempts.

Leg pressing was depressingly easy. We started at 200 and I decided to go higher when I was doing it with one leg. I ended up doing the whole stack for a set of 10 and wondered how the hell I add more weight. Apparently for now I am stuck at 480 pounds, which may be good or bad, I really have no frame of reference.

Either way it was nice to be back lifting 'heavy' (not really) things.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Weak?! Dude, my best for bench is 135! Jerk. Sounds like you're doing well to me.

Not sure about back squats, but lots of good videos out there re: form.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Excellent, If you want we can be virtual gym buddies. I know I'm a chick, but I can lift heavy things too.

My squat is about 95
    Lat Pulldown 120
    Leg Press 270
    Flat Bench 105
    Incline Bench 95

Alright, kind of pitiful, but I have been doing cardio bootcamp. Back to lifting next week. I think I'll start reporting my stats in my journal.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67