Page 296 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 296

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Ah.

(Glad to see another lapsed Episcopalian/ RC on here.)
    Yeah, RC. Though truth be told I never really believed it. I went to a RC school and we kind of checked the blocks. It's time for Holy Communion - check, time for Confirmation - check...

Me: Uh, what is this all for?
    Sister Mary-Margaret-Whatever: Because God said so.
    Me: Oh, okay.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, if the Christians of various sects turn out to be right, I'm fucked 5 ways from Sunday. Baptized Lutheran, First Comunion nondenom, Christened Episcopalian, first "adult" communion RC, visited paganism and then went off into left field on my own, came back long enough for a RC confession and Pagan naming, went back out into left field and picked up a healthy dose of apathism (don't know, don't care.)
    I got booted from the youth group for asking questions even the archdeacon couldn't answer to my satisfaction (how the Trinity actually existed, if being baptized with communion wine was better or worse than water and why, logic questions abt Mary's virginity and the stone is front of Jesus's tomb, etc.)
    I almost got booted from the choir for pointing out that Greensleeves wasn't originally Christian and its origins.
    Yep, I'm fucked. Goin to hell.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Well, at least I'll know someone when I get there then.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

You and me both. I was asked to not come back to Sunday School at my S. Baptist Church after asking that if drinking alcohol were a sin wtf was Jesus turning water into wine and drinking wine at the last supper. When I was told it was non-alcoholic I called B.S. They were not amused.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    LOL Non-alcoholic! Derp de derp-derp.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    LOL Non-alcoholic! Derp de derp-derp.
    Yes, because they had no way of making alcohol back then and anyway, non-alcoholic 'wine' would keep better. Morons.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I remember going to friend's church one Sunday back in HS. I'd never been to a church that didn't have wine and communion wafers. So when they start passing around cubes of white bread and grape juice, I turn to my friend and ask "y'all have a snack before communion?"
    "This is communion!"
    "Huh?"
    "Alcohol is of the devil and we use bread, like Jesus, not crackers."
    "If alcohol is of the devil, then why did Jesus and everyone else drink it?"
    "Shut up and pass the tray!"
    I shut up and passed the tray, all the while wondering what on earth these people thought Jesus drank when they took every other aspect of the bible literally.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh, so that's why I feel as if I'm being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Oh, so that's why I feel as if I'm being watched.
    In my defense I was trying to be subtle about it. >.>