Page 287 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387787 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 287

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, but you forgot his reprisals of "The foam also rises" and "Make Love, not Bread." I also saw on IPMDB that he starred in "Aida Bacon," "Sam I Ham," and "Stand and Deliver (My Grassfed Beef.)"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Eres famoso, Mi Amor.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Eres famoso, Mi Amor.
    LOL Legend in my own mind
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Ah, but you forgot his reprisals of "The foam also rises" and "Make Love, not Bread." I also saw on IPMDB that he starred in "Aida Bacon," "Sam I Ham," and "Stand and Deliver (My Grassfed Beef.)"
    LOL you are too funny. Make Love not Bread. Lawl.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Then in the foreign language section we have him starring in the Mexican classic, Like Water for Dark Chocolate.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Then in the foreign language section we have him starring in the Mexican classic, Like Water for Dark Chocolate.
    Hopefully it is not a speaking role as my foreign language skills consist mainly of 'French' of the 'pardon my French' variety.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In the Indie section, we have "Jon and the Bee," "To Cook for the Gods," and "The March of the Cavemen."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Gorgeous pic - you guys look great.

Here's a little caffeine info to balance out the anti-coffee message...

Full link

Coffee drinkers have a lower incidence of thyroid disease, including cancer, thannon-drinkers.

Caffeine protects the liver from alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol) and other toxins, and coffee drinkers are less likely than people who don’t use coffee to have elevated serum enzymes and other indications of liver damage.

Caffeine protects against cancer caused by radiation, chemical carcinogens, viruses, and estrogens.

Caffeine synergizes with progesterone, and increases its concentration in blood and tissues.

Cystic breast disease is not caused by caffeine, in fact caffeine’s effects are likely to be protective; a variety of studies show that coffee, tea, and caffeine are protective against breast cancer.

Coffee provides very significant quantities of magnesium, as well as other nutrients including vitamin B1.

Caffeine “improves efficiency of fuel use” and performance: JC Wagner 1989.

Coffee drinkers have a low incidence of suicide.

Caffeine supports serotonin uptake in nerves, and inhibits blood platelet aggregation.

Coffee drinkers have been found to have lower cadmium in tissues; coffee making removes heavy metals from water.

Coffee inhibits iron absorption if taken with meals, helping to prevent iron overload.

Caffeine, like niacin, inhibits apoptosis, protecting against stress-induced cell death, without interfering with normal cell turnover.

Caffeine can prevent nerve cell death.

Coffee (or caffeine) prevents Parkinson’s Disease (Ross, et al., 2000).

The prenatal growth retardation that can be caused by feeding large amounts of caffeine is prevented by supplementing the diet with sugar.

Caffeine stops production of free radicals by inhibiting xanthine oxidase, an important factor in tissue stress.

Caffeine lowers serum potassium following exercise; stabilizes platelets, reducing thromboxane production.

I don't buy that it's bad for you. So there.
    I'm pretty sure I could find some resources extolling the healthy virtues of whole grains! :P
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    I'm pretty sure I could find some resources extolling the healthy virtues of whole grains! :P

Not in my journal! *madface*

Seriously though, good/bad I get too much. As such I am cutting back. Slowly. I even drank peppermint tea the last two days in place of my mid morning coffee.

Tomorrow is my final for Gourmet 1. I'm hoping all goes well. I made most of my dishes at the house and they were good.

Last night I was the sous chef for another guy's final (he is mine tomorrow). His went horribly. Like a total disaster horrible.

His app was crab cakes. So instead of making 10 cakes like the recipe calls for or cutting the recipe he decides he wants to make 'really big crab cakes.' So we make 4 huge cakes with one left over ball of mixture. He then puts about 3 inches of oil in a pan. I ask if he really is planning to try to deep fry a crab cake. He says, "Oh, it will be fine." Well, before the oil is even hot he puts them in and whoosh, they suck up the oil and all fall apart. Now he is freaking out so I make a couple of smaller (normal sized) cakes out of the left overs and saute them up. So far so good...but...he has lemon zest in the crab cakes and then wants a lemon sauce. Okay, so I whip up a lemon sauce. Then he wants to garnish with lemon. I ask, "Don't you think that is too much lemon?" He says no and goes off to serve it. Chef's verdict - way too much lemon. Could not taste anything else.

Soup - roasted butternut squash...we make it - only seasoning he wants in it is a stick of cinamon. I suggest at a bare minimum some salt and pepper. He says, "No, I want the sweetness to come out." I say okaaaaaay. Chef's verdict - 2 bites then had to stop because it 'tasted like nothing.'

Entree - NY Strip (medium), sweet potato fries, roasted brocolli. Okay then. So I ask, 'wtf is up with fries since they are not too gourmet.' He says he likes fries and will make them fancy. I ask how he plans to make them crisp. Apparently by shallow frying them in barely warm oil and then letting them sit = fail. I blanched off the brocolli but he pulls it from the water way too soon and puts it in the oven too long = burned without being cooked. Steak - he wants me to cook it because, "I have never cooked a steak before." <insert WTF face here>. Why the hell would you put a steak on your menu if you have never cooked one? Anyway, I cook the steak...not as well as I would like. Bleh. Ended up Midrare so that was my bad.

overall verdict - total crap.

Here is hoping mine goes better :/