Page 286 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 286

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I hadn't realized that was you, i thought it was a random pic from the interwebz.
    Yup, that is me. I can't find any pictures from downrange. I didn't have a digital camera. I'll have to see if my buddies have any. Here is one of me and my then girlfriend (now wife) when I was on mid-tour leave from Iraq.

leave1.jpg
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is a great picture. You guys look happy. It made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Gorgeous pic - you guys look great.

Here's a little caffeine info to balance out the anti-coffee message...

Full link

Coffee drinkers have a lower incidence of thyroid disease, including cancer, thannon-drinkers.

Caffeine protects the liver from alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol) and other toxins, and coffee drinkers are less likely than people who don’t use coffee to have elevated serum enzymes and other indications of liver damage.

Caffeine protects against cancer caused by radiation, chemical carcinogens, viruses, and estrogens.

Caffeine synergizes with progesterone, and increases its concentration in blood and tissues.

Cystic breast disease is not caused by caffeine, in fact caffeine’s effects are likely to be protective; a variety of studies show that coffee, tea, and caffeine are protective against breast cancer.

Coffee provides very significant quantities of magnesium, as well as other nutrients including vitamin B1.

Caffeine “improves efficiency of fuel use” and performance: JC Wagner 1989.

Coffee drinkers have a low incidence of suicide.

Caffeine supports serotonin uptake in nerves, and inhibits blood platelet aggregation.

Coffee drinkers have been found to have lower cadmium in tissues; coffee making removes heavy metals from water.

Coffee inhibits iron absorption if taken with meals, helping to prevent iron overload.

Caffeine, like niacin, inhibits apoptosis, protecting against stress-induced cell death, without interfering with normal cell turnover.

Caffeine can prevent nerve cell death.

Coffee (or caffeine) prevents Parkinson’s Disease (Ross, et al., 2000).

The prenatal growth retardation that can be caused by feeding large amounts of caffeine is prevented by supplementing the diet with sugar.

Caffeine stops production of free radicals by inhibiting xanthine oxidase, an important factor in tissue stress.

Caffeine lowers serum potassium following exercise; stabilizes platelets, reducing thromboxane production.

I don't buy that it's bad for you. So there.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Gorgeous pic - you guys look great.

Here's a little caffeine info to balance out the anti-coffee message...

Full link

Coffee drinkers have a lower incidence of thyroid disease, including cancer, thannon-drinkers.

Caffeine protects the liver from alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol) and other toxins, and coffee drinkers are less likely than people who don’t use coffee to have elevated serum enzymes and other indications of liver damage.

Caffeine protects against cancer caused by radiation, chemical carcinogens, viruses, and estrogens.

Caffeine synergizes with progesterone, and increases its concentration in blood and tissues.

Cystic breast disease is not caused by caffeine, in fact caffeine’s effects are likely to be protective; a variety of studies show that coffee, tea, and caffeine are protective against breast cancer.

Coffee provides very significant quantities of magnesium, as well as other nutrients including vitamin B1.

Caffeine “improves efficiency of fuel use” and performance: JC Wagner 1989.

Coffee drinkers have a low incidence of suicide.

Caffeine supports serotonin uptake in nerves, and inhibits blood platelet aggregation.

Coffee drinkers have been found to have lower cadmium in tissues; coffee making removes heavy metals from water.

Coffee inhibits iron absorption if taken with meals, helping to prevent iron overload.

Caffeine, like niacin, inhibits apoptosis, protecting against stress-induced cell death, without interfering with normal cell turnover.

Caffeine can prevent nerve cell death.

Coffee (or caffeine) prevents Parkinson’s Disease (Ross, et al., 2000).

The prenatal growth retardation that can be caused by feeding large amounts of caffeine is prevented by supplementing the diet with sugar.

Caffeine stops production of free radicals by inhibiting xanthine oxidase, an important factor in tissue stress.

Caffeine lowers serum potassium following exercise; stabilizes platelets, reducing thromboxane production.

I don't buy that it's bad for you. So there.
    WOOHOO!!! That stuff is good to know, because there was no way in hell I would give up my coffee, bad for me or not.

And Canio, funny coincidence, my avatar pic is a real pic of me too.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    And Canio, funny coincidence, my avatar pic is a real pic of me too.
    I knew there was a reason I liked you!

Paula and Em - thanks

and yay, for more coffee info.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mine's half and half. The face and hair are, the rest is photoshop magic via Jenny.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    you guys look so shiny and happy. now that i've seen your face, i'm sure i've seen it elsewhere. maybe in another thread? i dunno.

I don't buy it either that coffee is bad for you. personally, the caffeine doesn't work for me (most of the time); small amounts make me sleepy, and larger amounts make me jittery; the boundary is very fine and dependent on other factors like my activity level and recent food consumption. so i generally go for decaf, but i do prefer the taste of the caffeinated stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    now that i've seen your face, i'm sure i've seen it elsewhere. maybe in another thread? i dunno.
    You may know me from such movies as 'Not without My Bacon', 'Me, You, and Bacon Too' and the surprise Broadway hit 'Meat the Musical' featuring such timeless pieces as "Your love is like a steak to the heart", "There ain't no fat like saturated fat" and "Take your wheat and shove it."

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You may know me from such movies as 'Not without My Bacon', 'Me, You, and Bacon Too' and the surprise Broadway hit 'Meat the Musical' featuring such timeless pieces as "Your love is like a steak to the heart", "There ain't no fat like saturated fat" and "Take your wheat and shove it."
    I especially loved you in your more romantic roles, "Bacon Story" and "Gone with the Gluten"
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    "Gone with the Gluten"
    LMAO. Nice.