Page 274 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374774 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 274

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i've been in a similar situation before, though the last time it was because i had made an error when filing my taxes and they refunded us $300 more than i had calculated! I hope it comes through for you soon, and you get some job offers pronto.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all; I appreciate the good vibes. Surprise...hmm...yes and no. It's one of those catch-22s or some such. They have preached nothing but the importance of security for years (to the point of being ridiculous at times) and now it is 'eh, whatever.' As one guard asked the other day, "Does the threat level go up and down based on the budget?" Apparently it does. Last year we were one mischecked ID away from Armagedon, today with budget cuts it is "hey, who needs security anyway?" So while I am not surprised given the writing on the wall. I am surprised with the complete change in attitude. It just makes me shake my head.

The other frustrating thing is that while if someone looks at a budget line they can say, "Sure we can save $X by cutting them..." it's just that relatively speaking we are very cheap. A regular guard is a GS4, which is less than the lowest supply clerk. Only two positions on post pay less. Hell, our Chief who is ultimatly in charge of all of us gets paid less than a DA Police shift supervisor who may only supervise 4 other people. It's like saying, "I have to save money on groceries so wont buy eggs; now, who wants $7 coffees from Starbucks?"

That said we have not gotten the axe yet. The big cheese has just given it the greenlight. We'll see what happens.

Currently I am trying to get on with the Bureau of Prisons teaching their GED program. I have an education and security background so we shall see.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i've been in a similar situation before, though the last time it was because i had made an error when filing my taxes and they refunded us $300 more than i had calculated! I hope it comes through for you soon, and you get some job offers pronto.
    Thanks. This one is my fault. I didn't file taxes the last 3 years because my now exwife refused to send me W2s. I just put her income into mine on turbo tax, found out I did not owe and said, 'Whatever f*ck it' Now they want me to file all those returns before getting this one. Hell, they should end up owing me more money so ultimately it is a win for me. I really just do not need the hassle of now trying again to get those W2s.

The IRS suggested I go the married filing seperately route which is all well and good if you are the married person making <$5K a year. When you are the one making 90% of the income it really blows. It's the difference between owing them $2K and them owing you $1k
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Here is some happy news...You've been listed twice on the "Do you have a forum crush?" thread. (I threatened to beat up the other chick.) <3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Here is some happy news...You've been listed twice on the "Do you have a forum crush?" thread. (I threatened to beat up the other chick.) <3
    And I defused the situation so there wasn't any nekkid mud wrestling.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    LOL Really? That is too funny and very flattering.

Edit: so I have a jailbait and a cougar huh? I had no idea it was so cool to be me lol. Y'all are far too nice to me.
    Last edited by canio6; 02-16-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    And I defused the situation so there wasn't any nekkid mud wrestling.
    Thanks! (you are dead to me)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    There is a forum crush thread??? WTF??? I know I won't be listed in it so it's all good lol.

We had to file separately for 2011. We got decent money back this year so if it takes me awhile to find something, we should be ok.
    Georgette

Geo, You were listed and I consider you one of my girls.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Three crushes for Jon!

Heck, we could have a mud wrestling tournament.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-16-2012 at 11:00 AM.