Page 27 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937771275271027 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 27

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That does not sound like a good day at all period.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    YEEF! Good luck.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    So food...lets see....yesterday:

B: coffee
    L: homemade oxtail soup. It was good but I have decided it it too expensive and a pita to make to eat regularly
    D: 2 hamburger patties each on a portabella mushroom cap with lettuce,tomato, onions, and a few sweet potato oven fries (less than 1/2 a sweet potato)

today

B: Tea...yeah, decided to forgo the morning coffee. I pity the fool who talks to me today. They had no Earl Grey so I have some Vanila Rooboos (?) thing and it isn't bad.

I did convince a coworker to give Primal a try. He just wants a week of sample menus. Bleh. Anyone know where I can find one? Hmm...I guess I could check the book huh...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

so...one of my guys decided to greet the Garrison Commander with, "Have a good day Timmy." There is no way stupidity like this is natural.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I put together one of those menu thigs for my SIL at one point. I'll try and dig it back up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I put together one of those menu thigs for my SIL at one point. I'll try and dig it back up.

Your awesomeness knows no bounds. Thanks!

Tell ya what, since hers is a bit personalized (for a 5'6" female trying to lose weight) if you can give me some brief input on the guy, I can try and do the same. Height, weight, trying to gain/ lose weight, any allergies you know off the top of your head...
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thank you so much

He is about 5'10", 200 pounds. Age - mid 40s. Retired military. Active in that he plays softball 2-3 times a week and coaches kid's basketball. He says he wants to lose between 15-25 pounds. No known (by me) allergies.

He comes to work early (around 6) and mentioned breakfast being important to him. I've noticed him eating granola bars/energy bars and he usually brings a sandwich for lunch.

Typical day:
    breakfast- 4 eggs, 4 slices bacon
    Snack- ounce almonds (23)
    Lunch- Chicken wraps (salsa, roasted chix, cheese, sauteed and nuked peppers and onions wrapped in romaine). He'll need multiple, even I eat 2-3.
    Snack- 1 c grapes
    Dinner- crockpot bottom round stew (Primal style, if he uses potatoes, tell him to use sweet potatos or turnips)
    Dessert: chocolate crepes with strawberries (melt chocolate, stir a little into raw eggs, add water, cook like crepes, stuff with raw strawberries)
    Rest of the week to come, but that should get him started.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Breakfast-1/2 crustless quiche (Beat 6-8 eggs together, add spinach, broccoli, tomato, leftover bottom round or chopped bacon. Grease baking pan WELL, and pour it in. Bake at 350*F for 20 -30 minutes. It's done when a toothpick put in the middle comes out mostly clean. It still tastes great cold.)
    Lunch: BAS- 3-4 cups lettuce/ greens, 2 c veggies (carrot, radish, tom, olive, whatever else floats his boat), 1 c meat of choice (leftover bottom round, left over chix, whatever), and 1/4 c "Southwestern vinaigrette" (salsa+ olive oil + lime juice.)
    Dinner: Leftover Bottom round OR zuke spag (zucchini noodles (probably 2 zukes worth) topped with spag sauce [jarred if he wants and is careful], and ground beast or Italian sausage])
    Snacks- strawberries, pecans
    Dessert- berries and whipped heaven
    Day 3:
    Breakfast- the other half of the quiche
    Lunch- leftover zuke spag
    Dinner- steak, grilled veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions are SOP in this house), and a salad
    Snacks- you got it, pick a nut and a berry
    Dessert- grilled apples topped with whipped heaven or whipped cream
    My Primal Battle Tome