Page 267 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367767 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 267

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well people have gotten so tired of the daily Dr. Oz updates courtesy of our boss that the process has gained a nickname - being Ozed.

As in, "Have you been Ozed today?" or "Oh, damn, here comes the Chief. Prepare to be Ozed."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

On a seperate note - my wife is experiencing pain in her neck/shoulder radiating down her arm with tingling in her fingers. This has gone on for about 2 weeks. She has tried painkillers, a massage, stretching etc. There was no injury to it that she recalls. Any ideas? Something a chiropractor could fix?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I go to my chiro for that very thing. My guy is awesome.

Edit: I know it has been too long between visits if I get the neck pain, numb arm syndrome.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-02-2012 at 08:12 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    On a seperate note - my wife is experiencing pain in her neck/shoulder radiating down her arm with tingling in her fingers. This has gone on for about 2 weeks. She has tried painkillers, a massage, stretching etc. There was no injury to it that she recalls. Any ideas? Something a chiropractor could fix?
    I'm actually going to a chiro for that now. I'll keep you posted.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks for the responses. I've been to two chiros in my life, neither seemed to do much good. One wasn't unpleasant but I can't say I felt great. The other I actually felt worse. It's also 'alternative medicine' which I generally consider code for 'bullshit' So I am leary but am unsure what else to do to help her. How does one tell a good chiro from a bad?

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I've been to two chiros in my life, neither seemed to do much good. One wasn't unpleasant but I can't say I felt great. The other I actually felt worse. It's also 'alternative medicine' which I generally consider code for 'bullshit' So I am leary but am unsure what else to do to help her. How does one tell a good chiro from a bad?
    I honestly say the best thing is to ask for recommendations from friends and family in the area that you trust. Upon going in for the first visit, run 'em through the wringer like you would a doc. Courteous? Informed? Do y'all get along well? Are they dictatorial? Are they will to tell you why as opposed the "voodoo magic" so many docs do (you don't need to know why, just know it works)? How often are the recommenders having to go back because they got back out of alignment? How up to date do they seem on their research/ field?
    I ran Dr. Doll through the wringer and was actually happy that I did so, saying that so many people just accept it at face value and don't take control over their own lives/ health.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^To be fair, your average daily stressful life will get you out of alignment at one point or another, it's just a matter of what kind of shape your body is in to keep it aligned or put itself back. But I agree that recommendations are a good place to start. I like Yelp.com even for doctor reviews (I left my chiro a glowing one when he moved to his own practice and it apparently got him some new patients, he gave me a movie gift card), but not every practice has an entry with reviews.

On the topic of donkey punching, I think I have an idea of what it is, i'm not going to look it up, but I'm not an out of touch "old fogey" =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^To be fair, your average daily stressful life will get you out of alignment at one point or another, it's just a matter of what kind of shape your body is in to keep it aligned or put itself back. But I agree that recommendations are a good place to start. I like Yelp.com even for doctor reviews (I left my chiro a glowing one when he moved to his own practice and it apparently got him some new patients, he gave me a movie gift card), but not every practice has an entry with reviews.

On the topic of donkey punching, I think I have an idea of what it is, i'm not going to look it up, but I'm not an out of touch "old fogey" =P
    Yeah, but it's a matter of how often and how strenuous what they do is. If they throw themselves out of whack putting socks on in the morning
    , there's something wrong in their system, be it them, chiro, or both.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^Also true! My boyfriend's lower back issues stem from his hips being out of whack in a couple different ways. Because it's been like that for many years and he's kept fit on top of it, he's trained his muscles to hold his hips in that incorrect position. Because of his musculature, tendency to have very hard muscles (even when completely relaxed), and the length of time from initial injury to attempted chiropractic assistance, it's been a very slow road to keeping his hips in the right place for very long. He goes to the chiro every couple of months now to readjust and his back pain is significantly diminished from what it was before (but he tolerates it and doesn't seem to care about looking into permanent eradication at this point). As for me, it was a year or so of irregular visits to get my right leg to stop turning out and throwing my hips out of alignment. I'd grown up like that and we're still not sure if it's because one leg is shorter I seem to be able to readjust myself just through daily activities just fine now, but I'm not particularly active. Everybody is different!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I had something similar, but it was because I tore the muscle off the tip of my shoulder blade (winner!). Anything that happens on the back can end up affecting other things down the line. After 4 months of useless visits to sports medicine I finally went to a GOOD orthopedic surgeon who gave me a trigger point injection and it cleared up instantly.

Um, I guess what I mean to say is a) some kind of inflammation is pinching a nerve and that's what's causing the tingling in the arms/hands, b) that's something an orthopedic surgeon can diagnose. Chiro and massage may help eventually, but she can probably bypass the months of pain and annoyance. I used to go to the chiropractor until a friend of ours (very healthy, mid 40's) had a mini-stroke. The violence with which your neck is cracked can cause damage to capillaries creating tiny blood clots that are headed straight for your brain..... =/
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick