Page 257 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 257

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Last night I made the dish I am thinking about making for my midterm. Well, this would be the appetizer portion of my midterm menu. I made shrimp culichi. The culichi sauce turned out nicely (Basically a roasted pasillo pepper sauce made with cream and milk) and the shrimp were good. The issue I am having is what to serve it with/over. I do not want to do something as generic as rice or mashed potatoes. Last night I tried it over sunchokes. This was my first time using them and while they were very good, they were far too strong for the sauce. I can imagine they would be excellent raw in a salad, but smashed under some shrimp sauce = way too over powering. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
    How about a soft polenta cake? I had a braised beef cheek on a soft polenta cake with a peppery sauce in Malaysia and it was the perfect accompaniment.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    How about a soft polenta cake? I had a braised beef cheek on a soft polenta cake with a peppery sauce in Malaysia and it was the perfect accompaniment.
    That's a good idea, except the main course is served with either risotto or polenta, and as such would be too similar. I think I will end up doing it like a tostada. I'll cut out 3 small tortilla rings, fry them until crisp, top them with the sauce, shrimp, perhaps diced tomatoes and onions. Either way, I will let you all know how it turns out. Thanks for the awesome suggestions.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I checked out the picture of this on your blog. It looked freaking awesome. Speaking of your blog, you look freaking awesome.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Class last night was fun. Pork and more pork not to be confused with Morpork.

We made...risotto - one with parm, one with pepper jack, and one with carmalized onions and apples; sauces - chipotle demi, blueberry demi, blueberry chipotle demi, wild mushroom demi...yeah, using up that demi; salad with kiwi apple vinegarette, there were some sauteed veg as well because every plate needs a little green and then pork...chops, loin, bacon in the bbq sauce we made.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I checked out the picture of this on your blog. It looked freaking awesome. Speaking of your blog, you look freaking awesome.
    It was absolutely, melt in the mouth fucking sensational, easily the most delicious thing I've eaten in years.... and thanks

Class last night was fun. Pork and more pork not to be confused with Morpork.

We made...risotto - one with parm, one with pepper jack, and one with carmalized onions and apples; sauces - chipotle demi, blueberry demi, blueberry chipotle demi, wild mushroom demi...yeah, using up that demi; salad with kiwi apple vinegarette, there were some sauteed veg as well because every plate needs a little green and then pork...chops, loin, bacon in the bbq sauce we made.
    I just love risotto, sometimes I'm so glad that I'm not low-carb and don't have to miss out on fabulous things like this. I make a pretty mean chicken and mushroom risotto with marsala; thinking about it makes me want to cook it, but we're having a heatwave here and I ain't standing over a hot pan of risotto in 100* plus temperatures! It's bbq all the way here right now, it's too hot to cook indoors.

I just love risotto, sometimes I'm so glad that I'm not low-carb and don't have to miss out on fabulous things like this. I make a pretty mean chicken and mushroom risotto with marsala; thinking about it makes me want to cook it, but we're having a heatwave here and I ain't standing over a hot pan of risotto in 100* plus temperatures! It's bbq all the way here right now, it's too hot to cook indoors.
    I can't say I blame you. The first time I made risotto I couldn't believe how long it took. I don't generally have the patience to wait for it to cook. That said, it is damned good when finished. Chicken, mushoom with marsala sounds great. Make some when it gets cold and post pictures

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Would your name be based on the Adult Swim game?
    Yes!

I hope so. That game rules. "Open your eyes. I see, your eyes are open...."
    That was the game that started my madness. Now the death metal version is my favorite (as evidenced by my user icon)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    you guys are making me hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by robotunicr0n View Post
    That was the game that started my madness. Now the death metal version is my favorite (as evidenced by my user icon)
    I will have to look up that version.