Page 255 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 255

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I want to see this.
    One day...one day.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Did you tell her that she would look better if you took your glasses off?
    No, I used her "faith" against her. She was decked out in crosses and a Jebus t-shirt,along with a rather obvious bad hair dye job and the most red neck ghetto application of makeup (think a trailer trash version of Dolly Parton and you'll be close), so I responded with "I prefer to let others see me and get to know me as God made me, without artifice and chemicals," and went on my way.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    ^ Well said and not even outright mean.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "I prefer to let others see me and get to know me as God made me, without artifice and chemicals," and went on my way.

Wow, I am laughing so hard right now. That is fantastic.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

If someone snarks on me, especially on a day like yesterday when I'm running on all 6 cylinders, they'd better be prepared for the barbs lobbed at them. When snarked on, I have a nasty tendency to catch the bomb and lob it back, usually with a few friends.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm having a harder and harder time not just going off on moron's lately. I'm not a violent person, and outside of my brother and required Army/work training, have never been in a fight. I just do not have the patience for it anymore. I just want to say, "Who the f*ck do you think you are?" to some of these people. I mean, seriously, I am not a small person, why would someone think it's a good idea to get up in my business? For example - "Clean up after your dog!" or what? Or you are going to do something stupid and risk getting an unholy beatdown? Really? Good lord people.

(for the record people who do not clean up after their dog irritate the hell out of me. I have to walk through all the landmines they leave when walking Louie, so why the f*ck would I not clean up after my dog?)

Last night I made the dish I am thinking about making for my midterm. Well, this would be the appetizer portion of my midterm menu. I made shrimp culichi. The culichi sauce turned out nicely (Basically a roasted pasillo pepper sauce made with cream and milk) and the shrimp were good. The issue I am having is what to serve it with/over. I do not want to do something as generic as rice or mashed potatoes. Last night I tried it over sunchokes. This was my first time using them and while they were very good, they were far too strong for the sauce. I can imagine they would be excellent raw in a salad, but smashed under some shrimp sauce = way too over powering. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Last night I made the dish I am thinking about making for my midterm. Well, this would be the appetizer portion of my midterm menu. I made shrimp culichi. The culichi sauce turned out nicely (Basically a roasted pasillo pepper sauce made with cream and milk) and the shrimp were good. The issue I am having is what to serve it with/over. I do not want to do something as generic as rice or mashed potatoes. Last night I tried it over sunchokes. This was my first time using them and while they were very good, they were far too strong for the sauce. I can imagine they would be excellent raw in a salad, but smashed under some shrimp sauce = way too over powering. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
    Serve over julienned primavera veggies?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds nice. Will non Primal peeps "get" serving something like that over veggies?

I made mayonnaise today. So proud. Now I can eat tuna again. (I gave up processed condiments for whole30).
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Serve over julienned primavera veggies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sounds nice. Will non Primal peeps "get" serving something like that over veggies?

I made mayonnaise today. So proud. Now I can eat tuna again. (I gave up processed condiments for whole30).

I thought about veggies but like Paula says, I'm not sure if they will get it. Bleh.

What oil did you use in your mayo?