Page 24 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 24

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, I just got passed over for a job because I am 'too valuable where you are now.' Well, f*ck that. While it was a lateral transfer not a promotion it had far more promotion possibility than my current position, which requires someone to die or retire before I can move up. So the message I get from this is do less work because then I may not be invaluable anymore. God, they will turn me into a stereotypical gov't employee yet.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to my world.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, I just got passed over for a job because I am 'too valuable where you are now.' Well, f*ck that. While it was a lateral transfer not a promotion it had far more promotion possibility than my current position, which requires someone to die or retire before I can move up. So the message I get from this is do less work because then I may not be invaluable anymore. God, they will turn me into a stereotypical gov't employee yet.
    I work in a 5 person sales dept for the company I work for. Private mind you. Back in November or December we were all told that we could not post out for a different position within the company as we are too valuable where we are now. Last week our director sent all 5 of us an email asking that when/if a position opens in a different dept if we would be interested. We all said yes and said we don't have a problem giving up our paltry bones. She was shocked. I mean she knows none of us are happy in our current positions. Just want to let you know the gov't aren't the only ones to do this. It happens in the private sector as well. I feel your pain.
    Georgette

Yeah, I get it, and I should be happy I have a job. I just had to whine a little. Oh well, I'll tighten the straps on my spiked codpiece and soldier on.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I get it, and I should be happy I have a job. I just had to whine a little. Oh well, I'll tighten the straps on my spiked codpiece and soldier on.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm stuck here until May or June of 2012 so yeah, I feel your pain.
    Georgette

I'm stuck here until I can get the hell out. I'm itching to get out, though, and I think the TBMs may just be that way out, eventually.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm stuck here until I can get the hell out. I'm itching to get out, though,.
    Same. My GF said last night she wants to teach at the local college when she graduates so I may be stuck here anyway though. bleh.

I love your TBMs. They're great. Just need to get a damn computer working.
    Georgette

Maybe switch departments? or go to a different branch of govt (state, city, county, federal, etc)?
    My Primal Battle Tome