Page 230 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 230

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    +1. You've figured it out. If you are reading articles about being Alpha, you are not one.

As far as I can see, there's really only one guy here (kenn) who intentionally acts like a douche because he thinks it makes him Alpha. I put him on block a long time ago. Is he still doing that woman-hating crap? The others seem to be sweet-but-bumbling when it comes to the ladies and are just trying to figure things out.

How do men get so damaged and really hate women? (This is a serious question, not rhetorical.) We've all been hurt in love and came out of it not hating the opposite sex. So that is no damned excuse.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I am so tired of seeing posts about being an "Alpha". How the fuck hard is it? The latest one is a link to some article abotu how to be alpha and pick up women. I really just want to post:

I'm a short, fat, ugly dude, and picking up women is not hard.

Step 1: Have a job

Step 2: Don't be a douche

How hard is that?

free tip of the day: if you are reading articles about being Alpha, you aren't.
    +1

kenn is a douche. sometimes grumpycaveman was a douche. man is truth has been as well. i wouldn't classify all the rest as bumbling or sweet, but most on the forums aren't douches.

i've been thinking of posting a female thread like that, but then i realized i would have to be a douche.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I must have missed all these posts about being an alpha. But this is why I rarely read most of the other parts of the forum. I think part of the issue is how we define what being a real man means. My definition is obviously very different from theirs. I don't seeing having to strut around like a bantam rooster as making someone manly. But I agree that "don't be a douche" is rule 1.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    +1. You've figured it out. If you are reading articles about being Alpha, you are not one.

As far as I can see, there's really only one guy here (kenn) who intentionally acts like a douche because he thinks it makes him Alpha. I put him on block a long time ago. Is he still doing that woman-hating crap? The others seem to be sweet-but-bumbling when it comes to the ladies and are just trying to figure things out.

How do men get so damaged and really hate women? (This is a serious question, not rhetorical.) We've all been hurt in love and came out of it not hating the opposite sex. So that is no damned excuse.
    kenn and grumpy are both douches, which really makes them cunts. I don't care if that offends anyone.

How do men get so damaged and hate women? Could be as simple as their mother didn't love them enough or maybe a woman actually wanted a relationship instead of just sex and they freaked? Who knows. Would love to see men like that never get laid again.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Same way women get damaged and hate men (or women). It's not really the damage-r, but how they deal with the hurt. If they want to go around hating half the population and being a bitter angry d-bag and interpreting every little action based on the one who hurt them, then that's their choice. Go ahead, die alone, see if I care. I put on my big girl panties, recognized it was an isolated incident and found me a good man.

p.s. Winterfell!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Same way women get damaged and hate men (or women). It's not really the damage-r, but how they deal with the hurt. If they want to go around hating half the population and being a bitter angry d-bag and interpreting every little action based on the one who hurt them, then that's their choice. Go ahead, die alone, see if I care. I put on my big girl panties, recognized it was an isolated incident and found me a good man.

p.s. Winterfell!
    For me, it was more my mother damaging me and I'm a woman. The men in my life have treated me way better then any of the women in my life except for my own children and a handful of friends.

So, you think the damage (and resultant douchiness) comes more from a parent and not a broken heart? Maybe when it's from a parent, that is why they never seem to get over it or ever bounce back (eventually).

I don't think Grumpy is a douche. I just think he's .... grumpy .... and is in need of a warm woman in his cold bed. He's a good egg, just lonely. (Maybe you all have seen things I haven't, though.)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I can't speak for hate, but I think a lot of the frustration comes from the fact that from about 12-29 women have all the power in a sexual relationship. Boys/men are just a bunch of hormones looking for an outlet, and girls/women often take advantage of that. Plus, whether it is purposeful or due to confusion, girls/women are very unclear (at the above ages) about what they want. Claims of wanting a 'nice guy' push too many dudes into the dreaded friend zone, which is doubly annoying when said female hooks up with an abusive prick (again and again and again). So guys get pissy and either stay at home fapping to internet pron or decide to be a douche, I mean, Alpha.

As for what others have said, yeah, some mother issues might be a problem for some, but it seems to me far too many dudes have issues with women for that to be the only answer.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

... from about 12-29 women have all the power ...
    So what happens to women at the stroke of midnight on our 30th birthdays? It's all over? We're put out to pasture? We are taken to the back of the barn and shot?

Plus, whether it is purposeful or due to confusion, girls/women are very unclear (at the above ages) about what they want.
    For most it really is just due to confusion on our parts. I promise that we don't sit around and plot how to fuck men up. It takes women a while to figure things out .... in the bedroom and out of it. There's a Second Spring that happens at about 35.